Jon Andersen Deep water

• This topic has 10 voices and 26 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author

I thought a few people might find this interesting. I will likely pick it up, granted I have a good idea of how he goes about “deep water nutrition” but I think it should be a good resource not only for diet but training, plus some of the extras seem need. And the sale price is pretty good.http://www.store.jtsstrength.com/resources/deep-water

I thought a few people might find this interesting. I will likely pick it up, granted I have a good idea of how he goes about "deep water nutrition" but I think it should be a good resource not only for diet but training, plus some of the extras seem need. And the sale price is pretty good.http://www.store.jtsstrength.com/resources/deep-water

definitely gonna pick this up. I really enjoyed the deep water article he wrote about the 275 clean & jerk competition style workout they had.

TCB
    Participant

Why is everything a damn e-book, these days?! Frustrating.

I actually like it, I prefer being able to load my ipad up.

Richard Schmitt

Gotta keep up with the times haha

Gnomer
    Participant

I actually like it, I prefer being able to load my ipad up.

same i can put them on my phone, my tablet, my computer.. whatever

Gnomer
    Participant

never heard of this guy before but was looking into him found this "The nutritional diet that accompanies this lifestyle has led Andersen to avoid carbohydrates for 10 years. He consumes around five pounds of meat every day as part of his protein-heavy diet."crazy amount of meat

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

never heard of this guy before but was looking into him found this "The nutritional diet that accompanies this lifestyle has led Andersen to avoid carbohydrates for 10 years. He consumes around five pounds of meat every day as part of his protein-heavy diet."crazy amount of meat

He's insane, Kiefer had him on his old podcast a while back.  He's a former strongman competitor and is currently a wrestler in Japan.  While his diet is pretty wild, I think his training is what really sets him apart.  Definitely not for the faint of heart.

Gnomer
    Participant

He's insane, Kiefer had him on his old podcast a while back.  He's a former strongman competitor and is currently a wrestler in Japan.  While his diet is pretty wild, I think his training is what really sets him apart.  Definitely not for the faint of heart.

yea 100 rep power clean workouts... i would die just doing the bar for 100 reps lol

Extreme volume and reps. I am definitely willing to give it a shot.

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

I think his type of training is good for strength endurance, but that's about it.  It has strong echoes of Strongman and Crossfit.  If your goals are physique or maximal strength, I think it's overkill and even counterproductive.  I don't know if he has different protocols for different things, but if it's anything like all the stuff I've read, count me out haha.

Gnomer
    Participant

I think his type of training is good for strength endurance, but that's about it.  It has strong echoes of Strongman and Crossfit.  If your goals are physique or maximal strength, I think it's overkill and even counterproductive.  I don't know if he has different protocols for different things, but if it's anything like all the stuff I've read, count me out haha.

haha same unless i had plans to start juicing it up.. way to much volume for me

haha same unless i had plans to start juicing it up.. way to much volume for me

The book gives a nice outline of how the training is setup. 4 days of work, two might be the extreme volume as opposing ends of the work days. The others can be trained how you like (or following his template). I can see great uses for his "deep water" kind of workouts in terms of conditioning, mental preparedness, and even strength. Many of the workouts stem from a GVT like system with one main movement of 10x10. Cleaning 220 for 100 reps or back squatting 500 for 20+ is strong as fuck any way you look at it so his training can't be too misguided. Every once in a while I could see those "deep water" workouts as a fun way to push training above the normal limits.

Sascha Heid
    Participant

Hello, i have a question to those owning the Deep Water Book.Today was the body.io podcast with anderson and it got me curious. However, it was very poor in details imo.But i read that Anderson is on a low carb diet since at least 10 years- which seems to contradict the general consensus that you need carbs to build muscles, or at least to build them fast,Is this really true that anderson promotes all-time low-carbing as part of Deep Water?Im kinda disappointed that kiefer didn't talk about that with Anderson, the podcast seemed too much like an ad to me.

A few things about the deepwater diet.It's excessively high in protein, 2g per lbs+, meaning that he is actually getting a decent amount of glucose at that point. Also, Jon Anderson is an IFBB pro among other things, and like it or not steroids are a part of the sports at that level.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Jon Andersen Deep water

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?