Kettlebells!

• This topic has 6 voices and 21 replies.
Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author

sckiely
    Participant

If you want a good kettlebell workout try this! You can do it with doubles to build size and strength, heavy single bell for a mixture of strength and conditioning or with a medium bell and fast for just conditioningClean Front squatPressSwingSnatchYou can either do 1 rep of each exercise in a chain or a certain number of reps for each exercise, for example 5 cleans then 5 front squats etcThere are a heap of ways to get benefits out of this combo of exercises! Even doing ladders and building volume session to session works well.My favorite is 1 rep of each exercise, then 2 reps etc, rest for 30 sec after all 5 exercises are done with the next rep! When you miss a rep you start back at 1 and work up again for an allocated time period

Richard Schmitt

If you want a good kettlebell workout try this! You can do it with doubles to build size and strength, heavy single bell for a mixture of strength and conditioning or with a medium bell and fast for just conditioningClean Front squatPressSwingSnatchYou can either do 1 rep of each exercise in a chain or a certain number of reps for each exercise, for example 5 cleans then 5 front squats etcThere are a heap of ways to get benefits out of this combo of exercises! Even doing ladders and building volume session to session works well.My favorite is 1 rep of each exercise, then 2 reps etc, rest for 30 sec after all 5 exercises are done with the next rep! When you miss a rep you start back at 1 and work up again for an allocated time period

I really need to get me a set! Sckiely this looks really awesome, and would be thrilled to press 80kg like you did in your video! Badass stuff!

catalyst187

YES! I have the t-bar but def want to utilize a real KB for my HIIT as opposed to running

catalyst187

This workout got me out the door HUNTING down a KB - thanks brother!

samorost

Bought one 16kg kettlebell about two weeks ago. Doing RKC minimum- swings for 12 mins one day and get-ups for 5 mins next day. Having lot of fun- I usually go behind our house garden, next to field and start a session. Its pretty good to exercise in nature. And I don´t know if its just a feeling, but when I got to gym after a few workouts with kbell it felt as I didn´t have to breathe so hard after heavy sets of front squats and weighted pullups.Also, when I bought the kbell and went on a bus (its like 2km) with stops at various shops, I had to carry it all the way. At first just holding it like bag with handle, but later I had to use a belt from my friend´s bag so I could carry it cause my grip couldn´t take it. The feeling when I arrived home, sweating like a pig, with that damn thing, was like I really earned it.All in all, nice piece of equipment, gonna use it for conditioning.

Richard Schmitt

Bought one 16kg kettlebell about two weeks ago. Doing RKC minimum- swings for 12 mins one day and get-ups for 5 mins next day. Having lot of fun- I usually go behind our house garden, next to field and start a session. Its pretty good to exercise in nature. And I don´t know if its just a feeling, but when I got to gym after a few workouts with kbell it felt as I didn´t have to breathe so hard after heavy sets of front squats and weighted pullups.Also, when I bought the kbell and went on a bus (its like 2km) with stops at various shops, I had to carry it all the way. At first just holding it like bag with handle, but later I had to use a belt from my friend´s bag so I could carry it cause my grip couldn´t take it. The feeling when I arrived home, sweating like a pig, with that damn thing, was like I really earned it.All in all, nice piece of equipment, gonna use it for conditioning.

That's awesome! Enjoy yourself and make those awesome gains! Makes me want to go get one too!

sckiely
    Participant

Just don't get into the mindset of the KB only being a conditioning tool! Used correctly they can develop any aspect of training, strength, size, power etc.It is all in the programming. I love barbells but every program I do has KBs in it and sometimes I only use KBs for a different type of workout.Try this for size, 3x 10-15 front squats with double bells. Followed by double swings 5x 10. Then smash out some double heavy lunges. Lower body session doneThen go for double clean and presses 5x 5-8, followed by heavy KB rows 3x10-14 each side, move onto double high pulls and finish with double snatches both of these for 5x 8-10 explosive reps

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Kettlebells!

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?