Lack of weight-loss on reorientation

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author

Chris Maxwell
    Participant

I have arrived at my tenth day of reorientation and I haven't dropped any weight on the scale.  I workout daily, weights, and have done so for two years.  To be 100% fair, I didn't take any measurements or caliper body fat tests prior to starting.  I do feel leaner, but the lack of change on the scale is troubling, specifically because I haven't been cheating.  I haven't eaten any carbs directly (I.e. bread etc)  , just whatever is present in the vegetables and meats.  I'm not overly frustrated, I know this diet is solid and whatever is going on must be a misstep on my part.  But, with tonight being carb nite, should I go ahead with it (the carb nite) or maybe opt for a few more days of reorientation?  Part of me thinks I should reorientate for another four days, the other part of me thinks that maybe this first carb nite is exactly what is needed to kick-start my body.  Again, I'm not overly frustrated, Rome wasn't built in a day, but I'm just curious for some veteran opinions on my situation. 

Melvin McLain
    Participant

By all means have your carb nite, it's what makes CNS work.You might also post your height/weight and how much protein and fat you're having on ULC days.Welcome to the forum btw.

Brian M Eckstrom
    Participant

are you a male or female? what does a typical day for you look like, food wise? what type of workout program are you on? were you regular over the ten days (some people don't have as many bowel movements and don't realize there's weight in them that can just be pushed out)?

Chris Maxwell
    Participant

My apologies for the lack of stats.  I'm a male, 5'11 tall and starting weight of 240lbs.  I was down to 215 last summer but spent the winter bulking and kind of went on too long.  I'm not sure what ULC stands for, but I image it means regular protein and fat days.  I eat basically the same thing daily and punch it into my fitness pal to track the fats and what-not. Saturated fat:  50gPolyunsaturated:  11gMonounsaturated:  31g Trans fats: 2gUsable Carbohydrates:  15Protein 207gMy fat totals are very likely a little bit off because I put coconut oil in my coffee and usually cook with a little coconut oil.Thanks for the welcome,--Maxwell--

Chris Maxwell
    Participant

I've been regular without the addition of metamusil, but I tried some last night before bed and maybe I'll make it a part of my routine anyway.

Richard Schmitt

Wait, roughly 50g of fats? And 207g of protein? Sir you need to increase your overall fats, you practically feeding yourself makeshift carbs by having that much protein without adequate fats. Try using .65g/BW for fats. Keep protein roughly .8g/BW if not around 1g/BW.

Chris Maxwell
    Participant

Tex,50 grams is the saturated.  here's the breakdown below:Saturated fat:  50gPolyunsaturated:  11gMonounsaturated:  31gTrans fats: 2g  Total Fats are actually 146gI still might to up the fat a bit perhaps--Maxwell--

Richard Schmitt

I would still up it, I'd say around 160g fats with 200g protein.

Chris Maxwell
    Participant

Thanks to all of your folks for the kind advice!  Very much appreciated fo shizzle

Chris Maxwell
    Participant

I went ahead with my carb nite and it was pretty tasty (of course)  I was warm going to bed last night as expected.  Anyway, I Thought I'd throw out to you all my typical day of food.  Just to see your thoughtsWake up,Coffee with 1/2 an ounce of whipping cream and 1 table spoon of coconut oilBreakfast4 strips bacon, or two slices of spam3 Eggs (fried in coconut oil)Lunch4.5 oz extra lean ground beef with mushrooms mid day4.5 oz Chicken breasts with 2oz bell pepper and mushroomsPrior to workoutfour strips of beef jerky I made with extra lean ground beef using Nesco jerky spicethree slices of marble cheese.Final meal:  2 3.5oz (approx) boneless skinless pork chops, and maybe some kale if I feel like making Kale chips.**Throughout the day I drink between 3 and 4 litres (101oz to 135oz) **

Melvin McLain
    Participant

50 grams is the saturated.  here's the breakdown below:Saturated fat:  50gPolyunsaturated:  11gMonounsaturated:  31gTrans fats: 2g  Total Fats are actually 146g

My calculations show 94g... ???You seem to eat a lot of lean meats. Be aware that fat is your friend on a low-carb diet, and you must eat enough to convince your body it's the most abundant fuel source so it will readily burn bodyfat.

Chris Maxwell
    Participant

Mac, your calculations are correct.  My Fitness pal had total fats at 146, but the break own was saturated 50, Poly 11, Mono 31 and Trans 2.  So I'm not sure where those other 50gs of fats are from in their “Total Fat”  .  Clearly I'm going to have to watch this app and my totals a little more carefully.  Maybe I'll switch off extra lean beef for lean beef.  or maybe even regular ground. 

Chris Maxwell
    Participant

Day 14 with no results.  It I've started adding a table spoon of coconut oil to all of my meals.  Total daily calories is going to be in the 2400 calorie range.  I don't drink, the only carbs I'm getting are from spinach and broccoli and what ever incidental carbs are in my meat.  Really hoping the additional fat will get things moving.  I suppose I'll stay the course for the time being.       

Chris Maxwell
    Participant

At this point I have still not dropped a single pound.  At first I though it might be the diet soda, I didn't drink a lot but likely the equivalent of one per day, so I cut that.  Then I cut out all gum.  But still nothing.  But I just bought my groceries so I'll be doing this for at least another seven days.  It's gotten frustrating, I feel like my body is rejecting the diet.  Even if I'm not in Ketosis, you'd think I would have at least dropped 3 lbs by now. Thank-you all for your support and kind words.  Seven more days, then if there isn't any result I'll have to reassess this plan.

Richard Schmitt

Are you feeling gross? Weak? Dragging? Hungry? Are your clothes fitting better? Mirror changes too?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lack of weight-loss on reorientation

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?