Leucine

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Rob Haas
    Keymaster

CBL says anyone interested in fat loss/muscle gain should be taking Leucine. Is this just post workout?Any other time(s) beneficial & how much?

During the carb load could be beneficial.

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

I would say for nearly everyone PWO only would be fine.  People that are trying to get to ridiculously low levels of body fat would benefit from taking leucine with carb feedings.  This is because you don't need to eat that many carbohydrates when you are taking leucine.  This is unnecessary for the average person though.I suppose leucine could also be beneficial to people who are trying to gain mass, but don't eat much protein.  Though I don't see how that could happen unless the person doesn't eat meat.

Melvin McLain
    Participant

Hmmm… is the amount of leucine in eggs high enough to be considered a beneficial source? ???_

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

Hmmm... is the amount of leucine in eggs high enough to be considered a beneficial source? ???_

Depends what you mean, if you are worried that you aren't getting enough leucine in your diet, then don't worry.  If you are getting enough protein, you are getting enough leucine.If you are asking if eggs are a replacement for leucine in supplemental form, I would say no.

Melvin McLain
    Participant

If you are asking if eggs are a replacement for leucine in supplemental form, I would say no.

This. Thanks. 🙂

Rob Haas

Cool thanks. already taking 5 grams 1 hour post workout with a shake then backload (5pm training only).

SunnyRunner
    Participant

Rob,
    I just recently added leucine to my supplement program, so I don’t have any results to report. But according to http://purevites.com/essential-aminos :
    “Studies have shown that taking essential amino acids after a resistance workout helps repair muscles, and allows them to grow.”

Marc Brandl
    Participant

I’ll just add my own n=1 on leucine – the first three weeks I started cbl I didn’t have leucine. Since then I added leucine it in on the PWO and the CBLs feel a lot better. When I bl ‘clean’ (chicken and white rice) without leucine I felt fine the next day but nothing noticeable – only if I added in a brownie or ice cream did I really feel the effects of the bl the next day. I like a brownie or ice cream at night now and then, but not 4 nights a week. With leucine added into the pwo on a ‘clean’ bl I get great results the next morning, so I’m a new fan of the stuff…

malk

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Leucine

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?