Lining Up Protocols Correctly

• This topic has 3 voices and 4 replies.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Brian Hosler

Just read the Shockwave 1.4 ebook. I'm 4 days into the prep phase for CBL's Strength Accumulation protocol. By definition, “the Strength Accumulation protocol delivers significant increases in strength, moderate to low mass gain, and massive fat loss. Besides those already starting at a body fat percent below 10, lean body mass gain is likely and even then is still possible. Very few people who follow the lean strength plan don’t gain muscle. The result: ripped and jacked.”According to the SW ebook, "Diet: The diet portion for the Ripped Shockwave is Carb Nite®."My goals are to put on between 5-10 pounds of muscle while getting body fat under 10%. BF is probably around 15% now. I was 170 prior to prep phase. I'm about 4 pounds down right now. I assume I could I follow the CBL Strength Accumulation protocol while following the Ripped protocol from SW. Is that a wrong assumption? I realize that CN would be optimal for pure fat loss. But since my goals include moderate to low mass gain and and massive fat loss, I'm assuming the SA protocol from CBL would work well with the Ripped SW. Perhaps once I meet my goals, I would switch to CN in time for summer to really lean out. Smart or not smart?  ???

Richard Schmitt

I'm actually going to to do the Ripped Version of the Shockwave Protocol, while doing the guidelines of SA for CBL. I'm starting my recal phase today, so I have about 9 days left…I need to drop some unwanted weight around the midsection, and I can tell you that you do gain some mass while doing SA and I kept my BF% at a stable level. Granted it doesn't look or feel like it but I finally dialed in everything so when I get done with the recal phase I'll be set. I did the whole SA protocol to try and gain some muscle, now I'm starting CN to try and lean out. So personally I think it's smart.

Naomi Most

Yeah, for sure, you can do CBL's Strength Accumulation rather than Shockwave Protocol's recommendation of doing Carb Nite.Since Shockwave Protocol is based on body feedback, though, you may want to spend 2 weeks or so on Carb Nite doing Ripped Shockwave just so you understand how the training method works as written.When you start doing SA instead of Carb Nite, you will most likely start to have room for Level X training. So I would recommend spending 2 weeks doing Shockwave Jacked (which will be fun, as you will be eating a lot more carbs for a little while!) just to see how THAT feels.Then you can confidently forge your way through the middle.

Richard Schmitt

I can vouch that the Shockwave Protocol really works. My arms, chest, legs all have increased in size and strength. It's an awesome feeling too when you don't mean to “throw” a weight, because you remembered it was a lot heavier before.

Brian Hosler

Thanks for the feedback! I'll be sure to let you know how it's going a couple weeks from now!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lining Up Protocols Correctly

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?