Low resting heart rate

• This topic has 4 voices and 4 replies.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

k0sTi

I found out that my resting heart rate is usually around 45 bpm, which is pretty low. It should be around 60-80 for an adult, but can get lower for well trained athletes (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heart_rate#Resting_heart_rate)I'm not sure if I can consider myself a well trained athlete.... should I be worried about my health?  :-I know it's probably best to consult with my doctor, but I just wanted to know If someone had a similar experience.

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

When my roomate was doing some hardcore distance running, his resting heart rate was similiar.  Are you an endurance athlete?  What type of training do you do?

k0sTi

I was doing some running a while ago, but nothing exceptionally hardcore… right now I'm just doing weight training (5×5 Stronglifts).

cookie

Mine is mid 40 also,  and when I'm rested I get a high 90s score in bioforce. I'm an athlete so it's not a concern for me.  For you it would depend on your age, condition and history. Personally I find general doctors of no help as I am an outlier in so many ways compared to what they normally see.

Archea
    Participant

When not a result of above average cardiovascular fitness, this might indicate an adrenal problem like hypothyroidism (lowered function of thyroid). did you measure this upon waking or when fully alert and awake? during rest, HR may drop quite substantially. usually nothing to worry about, unless experiencing overall fatigue. ask your physician if you feel that it might be the above, dont sweat it if you dont.Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Low resting heart rate

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?