LOWFAT CN’s & BACKLOADS – POLL

• This topic has 6 voices and 13 replies.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Lesli Bortz
    Participant

Ok – so this is me merely curious about the percentage of people who have shifted to the low-fat CN's and backloads. In the CBL book Kiefer says:FAT: There is no downside to fat in a backload.FAT: Don’t worry about the fat: post-training, the insulin response does not stop the after-burn effect of resistance training—the body continues burning fat for up to 36 hours.Therefore I've been doing my CN's with a rather high fat content - mostly bakery/pastry products and ice cream. Now I know that there's information from Kiefer about keeping it low. I've yet to convert because what I'm doing is working but I'm curious how things fat-wise are or are not working for everyone else. 🙂

Fairy

Aside from PWO shakes with dextrose, I find it hard to think of any low fat carbs that I would actually want to eat.

Lesli Bortz
    Participant

Aside from PWO shakes with dextrose, I find it hard to think of any low fat carbs that I would actually want to eat.

Lol +1

Richard Schmitt

I've been making desserts that are fairly low in fat and turn out amazing. The brownies I made were awesome…even Rice Chex Treats were awesome

maxwkw

I tend to add fat for satiety only. If I'm hungry Ill have a peanut butter sandwich with my back load. If I'm not overly hungry I tend to make my back loads white rice with berries and protein powder (actually delicious)

Mikehr

I think there is numerous reasons why people switch to low fat: 1) They do not have the appetite to stuff themselves full of fatty carbs and still hit their carb quota. 2) Too high of a fat content makes them sick. 3) Even though the fats don't do any harm sometime they also don't provide any benefit after a certain point.4) If backloading frequently these calories add up quick and even though calories are the most accurate thing they do not matter.5) PreferenceI did it because basically I was told to lol and numbers 1 and 5 also.

randyleahy

I usually delay fat for right before bed, and sometimes not as I backload pretty much every night. I dont go out of my way to add fat though.

Gl;itch.e

FAT! you need it. I read something recently in a study done on obesity that showed that regular hypoglycemia can promote obesogenic effects!!! Hypoglycemia is what is happening when you wake up with the sweats at night after a big carb feed without having enough fat. Keifer has said before that adding fat in to the last backload meal can help stop this hypoglycemia from happening. I have way less incidence of waking up with the sweats since I added more fatty foods to my backloads. 

Richard Schmitt

Trick to that…add a tbsp of MCT or coconut oil with the last meal if the fats in that carb meal is fairly low.

Gl;itch.e

also how do you quantify low/mod/high fat? I choose moderate but have at least 100grams of fat in my backload.

Gl;itch.e

Trick to that...add a tbsp of MCT or coconut oil with the last meal if the fats in that carb meal is fairly low.

thats an idea but in theory it wouldnt work. Those fats are digested quickly. The idea of fat in the backload is that its becoming available as energy after the carbs have cleared. Allowing for the smooth energy transition to avoid going hypoglycemic. Youd need the longer chain fatty acids rather than the medium chain ones in MCT and Coconut Oil (though coconut oil has some longchain fatty acids as well, about a 1/3 I think)

Richard Schmitt

Uh…well depends on the person and macros for the day. My CN honestly hasn't gone over 90g of fats in about a month. That's for entire day macros. To me low/mod fat is .5-.75g per BWAnything above 1g per BW is high to me.

Mikehr

Glitch i think thats why my last CN worked better I stayed fat free till the last meal, then had about 30g of long chain fatty acids as well as some CO.

Bodynsoil
    Participant

FAT! you need it. I read something recently in a study done on obesity that showed that regular hypoglycemia can promote obesogenic effects!!! Hypoglycemia is what is happening when you wake up with the sweats at night after a big carb feed without having enough fat. Keifer has said before that adding fat in to the last backload meal can help stop this hypoglycemia from happening. I have way less incidence of waking up with the sweats since I added more fatty foods to my backloads.

This is what I started doing, my first feedings on carb night are low fat and very high carb..  candyish..  Then my last two are high fat, especially before bed.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

LOWFAT CN’s & BACKLOADS – POLL

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?