Making CNS efficient at building muscle? Maybe. Something from FLEX.

• This topic has 12 voices and 154 replies.
Viewing 5 posts - 151 through 155 (of 155 total)
  • Author

Matt Porter

Can someone turn me on to the research regarding MUFA and trunk adiposity?I have not research oleic in quite some time but was high on it for cardiovascular benefits, helping glucose metabolism and have had personal positive experiences on it with skin.....I will try to get an article I did on saturates VS omega9/3 for muscle growth/fat-loss for hard gainers.....Saturates seemed to rule the day....-Matt

Matt what do you think of high dosing w/ omega 3's? I used to do the recommended 5g of omega 3 a day, but after rereading some stuff from john Meadows, I interpret his stance as being more important to get your dietary omega 6 to 3 in the correct range, and that mega dosing omega 3 can actually have unwanted effects.

Mega dosing omega-3 will flatten your physique out ultra fast -- especially on low carbs. If you had any decent vascularity, muscle roundness....kiss it good bye -- Too much anti inflammation is bad for muscle growth and appearance. -Matt

Hmmm interesting. What range do you consider "mega" dosing as?

19 grams of omega-3 (4 tbs carlson fish oil)5-8 grams would be where I would keep em-Matt

jsmith

im a 180 pound male. on the days i backload i probably get 200+ grams of saturated fat from red meat and dairy. any potential problems with this?

Matt Porter

im a 180 pound male. on the days i backload i probably get 200+ grams of saturated fat from red meat and dairy. any potential problems with this?

simple sugars, saturated fats....maybe processed carbs?Hmm....sounds a lot like "shit-loading" which my man SKIP and ZILLA pioneered circa 2001-2005Funny how things that have been around forever get new tag names to them and explode to different audiences.I shitloaded (for contest preparations) throughout 2006-2009 and came in at some of my best conditioning ever...To help with answering your question -- if you are getting results and the mirror is making your eyes happy with what they see then you are fine.-Matt

Mikehr

simple sugars, saturated fats....maybe processed carbs?Hmm....sounds a lot like "shit-loading" which my man SKIP and ZILLA pioneered circa 2001-2005Funny how things that have been around forever get new tag names to them and explode to different audiences.I shitloaded (for contest preparations) throughout 2006-2009 and came in at some of my best conditioning ever...To help with answering your question -- if you are getting results and the mirror is making your eyes happy with what they see then you are fine.-Matt

haha +1 to this!

Can someone turn me on to the research regarding MUFA and trunk adiposity?I have not research oleic in quite some time but was high on it for cardiovascular benefits, helping glucose metabolism and have had personal positive experiences on it with skin.....I will try to get an article I did on saturates VS omega9/3 for muscle growth/fat-loss for hard gainers.....Saturates seemed to rule the day....-Matt

Matt what do you think of high dosing w/ omega 3's? I used to do the recommended 5g of omega 3 a day, but after rereading some stuff from john Meadows, I interpret his stance as being more important to get your dietary omega 6 to 3 in the correct range, and that mega dosing omega 3 can actually have unwanted effects.

Mega dosing omega-3 will flatten your physique out ultra fast -- especially on low carbs. If you had any decent vascularity, muscle roundness....kiss it good bye -- Too much anti inflammation is bad for muscle growth and appearance. -Matt

That is VERY interesting, but makes a lot of sense.Cory

Viewing 5 posts - 151 through 155 (of 155 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Making CNS efficient at building muscle? Maybe. Something from FLEX.

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?