Martial Arts during Carb Nite Solution? Specific questions / need help. Thx.

• This topic has 5 voices and 19 replies.
Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

That is a good question… curious what the answer will be, myself.At 10% bodyfat, I will still be over 200 lbs... so no matter how I swing it, I will still be fighting as a "Super Heavy".  In Kyokushin, they generalize... so, once you're in a specific weight class, you can fight anyone from that weight class.  I could be fighting at 210 lbs, against a guy who is 260+!  HAHA!Bigger guys feel like you're hitting a somewhat soft heavy-bag.Good luck at your tourney, D$.  Are you studying Wrestling, BJJ, traditional JJ?Cory

Damon Amato
    Participant

BJJ, though I'm still a beginner in that.  I'm more of a stand up fighter with olympic style taekwondo, but I wanted to try something new and have been working on my BJJ for a while now.  I'm getting a ton better on Saturdays when I do dirty boxing/kickboxing/grappling with the MMA guys, but they're all at least black belts in taekwondo and at least brown belts in BJJ or Sambo, so I generally get my ass kicked, however I've gone from getting submitted or ground and pounded constantly to only once in a while to finishing a 3 minute fight to getting some takedowns of my own.  It's a lot of fun, though I'd never consider cagefighting, I like my face the direction it's facing now.

zewski

Wow didn't realize how many people on these forums were into martial arts (prob cause it's the most “hardcore” sport  :P)How did your tournaments go for the both of you?Cory, how have you fared on CNS along with your training?

Damon Amato
    Participant

tournament was disappointing.  I'm 31, white belt in BJJ and ended up fighting a 25 y/o wrestling state champ and college star.  Not fun, but I didn't get submitted so there's that.  Since I'm still new at it, all I could think about as he was taking shots was to throw an axe kick on the top of his head.  Old habits die hard I guess.

Wow didn't realize how many people on these forums were into martial arts (prob cause it's the most "hardcore" sport  :P)How did your tournaments go for the both of you?Cory, how have you fared on CNS along with your training?

Sorry for the late reply.  Been going through some rough personal $h!t the past month, so I haven't been online much.CNS took some getting used to, but now, it is like second nature;  been doing CNS nearly 2 months now.  I have plenty of energy, never hungry, etc.  Could be the fat / protein content of the diet that keeps away hunger.Fat loss remains at about 1-2 lbs a week.  I hold water like a camel after the Carb Nite -- sometimes for three consecutive days... sometimes more.  I also hold SERIOUS water on humid days, now that we are getting close to Summer, with or without a recent Carb Nite.  Doesn't help that I am an Endomorph (metabolism-wise)... which makes weight loss difficult to begin with.Training (martial arts) was sluggish at first, but now both the gym and fighting are fine on this diet.  16oz of coffee + 1 tbsp of coconut oil has done the trick, I find.As for my tournament on May 19th... I ended up having to miss it, due to aforementioned personal problems.  So, I cannot comment on my diet's efficiency for that tournament.  However, I imagine, that if it works for 2-hour classes, it will work for short, round-based fighting in tournament.My last tournament was fought on a regular bodybuilding diet for mass gain.  Will have to wait until the next opportunity.  For now, it is speculation.Cory

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Martial Arts during Carb Nite Solution? Specific questions / need help. Thx.

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?