MCT Oil

• This topic has 6 voices and 9 replies.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

SixStringer97
    Keymaster

I tried adding coconut oil to coffee and it really isn't my thing – never liked the taste of coconut to begin with. The book said that adding coconut milk to the isolate shake in the morning is beneficial also.I was wondering if the same would be true of adding something like regular MCT oil to the shake. I saw some on Amazon, such as the Now Foods brand. It seems like I would be able to stand doing it that way but I want to make sure with a product like that I am getting the same benefits.If there are any other ways to get the MCT effects without coconut please post. Thanks!

CaseyD

Coconut oil/milk is recommended because of the MCTs. So yes, pure MCT oil will provide the same benefits and I believe it's tasteless (have never tried it, actually just ordered some from Amazon the other day).

Damon Amato
    Participant

sixstringer:  I have that and use it in shakes/coffee.  It is more or less tasteless.  I can only put it in an AM accelerator though.  Seeing that oil slick on the top of my coffee really grosses me out.

Richard Schmitt

I must be weird then because I don't have a problem with using coconut oil

Sportspt

I don't taste the oil. The “floaters” are weird but c'mon. Lol

Damon Amato
    Participant

I must be weird then because I don't have a problem with using coconut oil

I tried one sip and had to toss my coffee and almost threw up.  Not a fan of coconut flavor.

robhally

haha, bigtex you're not alone; I thoroughly enjoy the coconut oil in my coffee. I wake up excited to drink it every morning.

Richard Schmitt

Haha ALRIGHT! I was hoping I wasn't the only one, when I use a Splenda packet it tastes pretty good too. I'm wanting to try that whey with it, but I'm not wanting to “bulk up”… =/ sounds delicious with coconut oil though.

SixStringer97

Thanks, everyone for the feedback. I don't mind the oil floaters as long as I don't taste coconut. I think I will go ahead and order the MCT oil and see how it is in a shake.I'm thinking of doing the shake with just the 10g of isolate and the MCT oil when I wake up, then just getting coffee on the way to work. I know it's separating the AM Accelerator drink by doing it in 2 "segments" but that is more convenient for me. Hopefully the effect will be the same.

sckiely
    Participant

Haha ALRIGHT! I was hoping I wasn't the only one, when I use a Splenda packet it tastes pretty good too. I'm wanting to try that whey with it, but I'm not wanting to "bulk up"... =/ sounds delicious with coconut oil though.

A half scoop of whey is going to blow you up like a balloon Tex!  😛 It really is awesome, and even doing strength Accumulation you could have that as your pre workout with Creatine I have cookies and cream protein, yummy

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

MCT Oil

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?