Me voilà!

• This topic has 5 voices and 7 replies.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

lerouquin
    Keymaster

I'll keep it short and sweet. I'm Kevin, 29, originally from upstate New York, but I've lived all over place: Philadelphia; Columbus, Ohio; Montpellier, France; Seattle; Colorado Springs. I love to travel and to EAT CARBS. I'm also a bit of a language freak and I sing in four different groups here. Pretty busy guy. Consequently, between my love for bread products and my busy schedule, my weight has fluctuated between 165-190 my whole adult life and before I turn 30, I'd like to see my abs again, ya know, to make sure they're still there. Simple enough? 😉When I work out, my chest blows up really quickly, but my arms and belly seem to lag behind. I'm hoping to trim down and kind of start from scratch. I'll probably move to CBL after running CNS for a while.The real impetus here is that I'm the lead in a show next month and I found out that I will be shirtless for part of the role. I had a few moments of panic and then saw CNS in Men's Health. I read up on it and am now on day 3 and I'm feeling and looking better each day. I like that. I also like how responsive people seem to be in the forums; that type of support is really important to me.I've told some friends and acquaintances about CNS and most of them seem a bit incredulous and skeptical ("Eating lots of bacon? Let's see where your cholesterol is in a month."/"Not eating breakfast? That's just a fad. You're f-ing crazy."/"Coffee with coconut oil? Gross."/"Low-carb diet? You're just going to yo-yo in a month.") Needless to say, I'm determined to prove them wrong with my results and my willingness to make a real change in my body composition.

Conrado Tiu
    Participant

I'll keep it short and sweet. I'm Kevin, 29, originally from upstate New York, but I've lived all over place: Philadelphia; Columbus, Ohio; Montpellier, France; Seattle; Colorado Springs. I love to travel and to EAT CARBS. I'm also a bit of a language freak and I sing in four different groups here. Pretty busy guy. Consequently, between my love for bread products and my busy schedule, my weight has fluctuated between 165-190 my whole adult life and before I turn 30, I'd like to see my abs again, ya know, to make sure they're still there. Simple enough? 😉When I work out, my chest blows up really quickly, but my arms and belly seem to lag behind. I'm hoping to trim down and kind of start from scratch. I'll probably move to CBL after running CNS for a while.The real impetus here is that I'm the lead in a show next month and I found out that I will be shirtless for part of role. I had a few moments of panic and then saw CNS in Men's Health. I read up on it and am now on day 3 and I'm feeling and looking better each day. I like that. I also like how responsive people seem to be in the forums; that type of support is really important to me.I've told some friends and acquaintances about CNS and most of them seem a bit incredulous and skeptical ("Eating lots of bacon? Let's see where your cholesterol is in a month."/"Not eating breakfast? That's just a fad. You're f-ing crazy."/"Coffee with coconut oil? Gross."/"Low-carb diet? You're just going to yo-yo in a month.") Needless to say, I'm determined to prove them wrong with my results and my willingness to make a real change in my body composition.

You stick with this and pretty soon, you'll be the "go to" guy for diet and fitness.  At that point, your only problem will be if you should remind them how skeptical they were.

Chuck

Yes I agree, I have been on CNS for 8 weeks and have lost 18lbs, and I havent done any HIIT. So if you incorporate HIIT you will lose the weight even faster.Started off.215lbs at 6'1"Currently weigh:197lbslooking to be 190lbs

dawatts22

Good luck.  And welcome.

lerouquin

Thanks, everyone! Just a quick update:I'm currently on day 5 and I feel good! I'm down to 178 lbs. from 185 lbs. and I've dropped 3% of my bodyfat (already!). My latest Facebook post has generated some interest among my friends: "Day 5 of the Jesus diet (a.k.a. Carb Nite Solution) and I've lost 7 pounds and 3% of my body fat... AND I've eaten bacon and copious amounts of goat cheese every day. BOOM."The first 2.5 days were rough with feeling dizzy and a dull, persistent headaches, but I feel 100% better now and I'm actually starting to like coffee. Four days to go until Carb Nite. 🙂

IOWA.PharmD

8 pounds: good (mostly water), 3%: eh prob not possible (thats like 5.something pounds of fat?). I'm not sure what your method of BF testing is. NOT TO RAIN ON YOUR PARADE THOUGH! Congrats, sounds like everything is going as planned. Good luck.

lerouquin

I'm using a body fat scale that I got at Target many years back. I don't always trust the numbers themselves, but I'm hoping that it tracks my changes accurately. I know there was a thread from Naomi about that. In any case, I look better, so I know that I'm doing something right. 🙂

Chuck

I like the scale, I had two weeks where the scale never changed, but the mirror did. Then after those 2 weeks I lost 4 lbs. the following week, just the way it is. Scale is nice and encouraging, but sometime you won’t see the numbers you want…. just stick with it.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Me voilà!

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?