Methylphenidate (Concerta)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Simonis
    Keymaster

I take 36mg of extended release Concerta twice daily as I suffer from Adult ADHD. I've tried everything as far as self-medication (legal and not legal) and besides that lovely green illegal medication (which works by far the best!) the Concerta is my best option and I need it to stay married and keep my job. Not taking it is not really an option for me, so I am just wondering if there is anything I should be leary of while taking it in relation to CBL.

ManBearFrog

Off the top of my head, I wouldn't think so.  Even though it works to balance the neurological chemical ratios, it generally affects the rest of the body as a stimulant.  I'd just be aware of excess caffeine intake and not overdo the stimulants, but I think you'd be fine on CBL.

bacco

I also have ADHD, and recently stopped using Concerta. As it turns out, 4 or 5 pills Fish Oil pills (300 mg EPA-DHA per pill) three times a day, has been extremely helpful to my concentration issues. I'm an engineer student and I require high concentration levels during exams and I have been doing fine without Concerta so far. There are academic papers that prove that high EPA-DHA levels are extremely helpful to ADHD and epileptic people, talk to your neurologist about this issue.Feel free to ask any questions regarding this issue.Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

Simonis

I already take quite a bit of fish oil, and I do notice a difference. Actually, when my fat intake is on the high end that usually helps as well. The best medicine in experience is heavy doses f snatches and clean and jerks ha ha.

Seth Poynter
    Participant

I also have Adult ADHD and I’m taking 60mg Vyvanse daily (a sustained release suspension). Kiefer mentions in multiple sources that stimulants have a significant impact on training, glycogen repletion, and fat mobilization. He speaks exclusively of caffeine and nicotine (to my knowledge). My take is that they serve specific purposes on CBL/CNS and are recommended only at specific times. However, would regular use of stimulant medication for my very successful treatment of adult ADHD have any adverse effects on training efficacy? Moreover, might there be specific tweaks specifically for people who use stimulants long term? Thanks for any and all input!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Methylphenidate (Concerta)

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?