Mike Rashid Presents: Lady Alpha / 210 Rep Squats / Iron Marathon

• This topic has 4 voices and 4 replies.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Gnomer
    Participant

backlash79

Sheesh, 20 minutes of squats ladder style of what I'm guessing is probably BW for her or maybe even more than BW. I hate youtube comments most of the the time, it only shows the ignorance of most people

TCB
    Participant

The comments actually bring me to a legitimate question.. Perhaps ibob or another PL'er can enlighten..In PL'ing, is it the bottom of the thigh or the top of the thigh that needs to come to parallel for a good squat?I just ask because Rashid commented himself saying that she is making legal depth squats, and even gave a time stamp to look at for proof, but if you go to that time stamp, the top of her thigh is clearly not hitting parallel. Disclaimer: I'm not complaining or bitching about her, it just made me think of the question about actual PL depth, ha. Kudos to her for even doing this. She probably walked funny for a week.

David Margittai
    Participant

The comments actually bring me to a legitimate question.. Perhaps ibob or another PL'er can enlighten..In PL'ing, is it the bottom of the thigh or the top of the thigh that needs to come to parallel for a good squat?I just ask because Rashid commented himself saying that she is making legal depth squats, and even gave a time stamp to look at for proof, but if you go to that time stamp, the top of her thigh is clearly not hitting parallel. Disclaimer: I'm not complaining or bitching about her, it just made me think of the question about actual PL depth, ha. Kudos to her for even doing this. She probably walked funny for a week.

It's neither. It's the crease of the hips that has to break parallel. When at the bottom of the squat, if you were to draw a line (parallel to the ground) across the top of your kneecaps back through your hips, the crease of your hips would have to be at or below that line.She's definitely not hitting anything near PLing depth, but it's absolutely still one hell of a feat.

TCB
    Participant

It's neither. It's the crease of the hips that has to break parallel. When at the bottom of the squat, if you were to draw a line (parallel to the ground) across the top of your kneecaps back through your hips, the crease of your hips would have to be at or below that line.She's definitely not hitting anything near PLing depth, but it's absolutely still one hell of a feat.

Gotcha. That's basically what I meant by the top of the thigh. That's how CrossFit judges squat depth, as well.I have more of a weightlifting slant, so if you're not touching ass to calf, it's too high to me, ha. Every squat has a different purpose though.And I'm with you, still damn impressive of her.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Mike Rashid Presents: Lady Alpha / 210 Rep Squats / Iron Marathon

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?