Muscle Loss

• This topic has 10 voices and 22 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author

Heisenberg
    Participant

I have been following carb nite religiously for 4 months with crossfit and resistance training about 3-4x a week. I had a hydrostatic test before I started and one this past weekend (4 months later). I lost 13 pounds total, and 11 pounds of that was lean mass (muscle) smh >:( >:( >:(I am so frustrated and dissapointed with carb nite..I am switching over to CBL 

Lesli Bortz
    Participant

CNS and crossfit and resistance training don't work well together. CBL sounds like a good move,

Spatz

I have been following carb nite religiously for 4 months with crossfit and resistance training about 3-4x a week. I had a hydrostatic test before I started and one this past weekend (4 months later). I lost 13 pounds total, and 11 pounds of that was lean mass (muscle) smh >:( >:( >:(I am so frustrated and dissapointed with CROSSFIT, I am switching over to JUST HEAVY LIFTING

Fixed 😉Carb nite isn't the problem.

Heisenberg
    Participant

I have been following carb nite religiously for 4 months with crossfit and resistance training about 3-4x a week. I had a hydrostatic test before I started and one this past weekend (4 months later). I lost 13 pounds total, and 11 pounds of that was lean mass (muscle) smh >:( >:( >:(I am so frustrated and dissapointed with CROSSFIT, I am switching over to JUST HEAVY LIFTING

Fixed 😉

LOL!! You may be right! I know something needs to change for sure

Lesli Bortz
    Participant

I had the same thing happen. I went in for a follow up DEXA and lost several pounds of muscle. Was super frustrated. Then I started eating. You really do have to support your training.

Heisenberg
    Participant

I had the same thing happen. I went in for a follow up DEXA and lost several pounds of muscle. Was super frustrated. Then I started eating. You really do have to support your training.

I think I exercise way too much to be on carb nite. The thing is I was eating a bunch of fat and protein too smhSo you said you started eating, do you mean switching to cbl?

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

As everyone said, CNS and Crossfit do not go well together. That being said, I really question the results of your hydrostatic test.  I have hard time believing that nearly all the weight you lost was muscle.  Would you mind posting the test reports?

Lesli Bortz
    Participant

I think I exercise way too much to be on carb nite. The thing is I was eating a bunch of fat and protein too smhSo you said you started eating, do you mean switching to cbl?

I was training 5-7 days a week for 90-120 minutes and doing CN. For me, more exercise seemed logically better and I was eating a lot of fat. Once I increased the protein to the higher of the two numbers and started CBL and eating carbs of some sort every night things finally turned around. I would definitely switch to CBL SA.@ibobs comment - hopefully he posts it up but I could not only see the lack of muscle but I was feeling softer which seemed so abnormal. My tests I do believe were accurate and I really did lose muscle mass. I'll be interested to see what his say.

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

I was training 5-7 days a week for 90-120 minutes and doing CN. For me, more exercise seemed logically better and I was eating a lot of fat. Once I increased the protein to the higher of the two numbers and started CBL and eating carbs of some sort every night things finally turned around. I would definitely switch to CBL SA.@ibobs comment - hopefully he posts it up but I could not only see the lack of muscle but I was feeling softer which seemed so abnormal. My tests I do believe were accurate and I really did lose muscle mass. I'll be interested to see what his say.

Yes, but 11 lbs?  Unless he is very big and lean (a lean 250 lbs or more) 11 lbs of muscle loss is huge in only 4 months.  Sans hormonal issues, that's something you would almost have to try to do.

Heisenberg
    Participant

I tried to attached the test, but it says the file is too large. If anyone is interested, I can email it.

Lesli Bortz
    Participant

Not that you have to post it but when I post documents I take a picture of them, upload them to photobucket and use the image link.

Lesli Bortz
    Participant

If you don't, get a photobucket account (free). Upload it and click on the “I” or whatever shows you four links and you'll want the image link.

Chris Morse
    Participant

What if you had a CN ever 4 days, and train hard. Would that make CNS diet better for workouts?

Richard Schmitt

Not really no. Depending on your training program, you will need to replenish glycogen to keep performance up, etc. CNS is a complete fat loss protocol, don't try to do more to achieve a faster fat loss, it always gives negative results.

TCB
    Participant

I've noticed several threads lately that all seem the have the same common concept behind them, and that is the concept that CNS is the fat loss protocol, and CBL is the muscle gain protocol, and people treat them mutually exclusively.Stop being afraid of carbs! In many situations, CBL can be just as, if not more, effective for fat loss than CNS. I personally find losing fat on CBL much easier than on CNS.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Muscle Loss

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?