muscles & glycogen

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Jeff Luna
    Participant

Hi, I am new to CBL & CNS and have been reading and listening to everything I can. I have a question that I haven’t been able to find the answer to.

If I understand correctly, during the prep phase, the body is completely depleted of glycogen in the liver and muscles in order to get the body fat adapted and this is done by not eating carbs and resistance training with HIIT.

Now, my understanding is that the average person can hold about 500g of glycogen in all of their muscles. and the purpose of CBL is to reload the muscles for tomorrow’s workout.

I have been reading that when resistance training, glycogen is only used and depleted from those muscles being worked and can’t pull from other muscles. Therefore, if I do the prep phase and completely deplete, then do my first carb nite and fill all my muscles with glycogen I am not at a full state.

I then heavy resistance train the next day and say do chest and triceps. if I only deplete those muscles of glycogen, that is a small percentage of my muscles, and in turn my total stored glycogen. if I back load that night the 200g to 400g that most people do, isn’t that WAY too much for what was depleted?

can someone please provide some clarification for me?

Thank you.

danVIENNA
    Participant

Listen to your body and adjust the amount of carbohydrates in a backload to the upcoming session. For someone 200g might be perfect for an upcoming high volume squat session, for another one it might be way to less. Depends on many factors like BF, musclemass, neurotransmitters, ect.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

muscles & glycogen

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?