my before/after and still work in progress

• This topic has 8 voices and 40 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
  • Author

6by6

Good to hear the updates looks like you are killing it.i eat a mixture of carbs rice bread and some sweets to gett my fix. To much crap carbs like cupcakes make me bloated and feel things like rice and bread sit much better with me

Great results man, keep it up… soon you will be a monster.

Newfiedan
    Participant

So I crammed more into me last night eating about 3700 cals and 385 grams carbs and 205 grams of protein for the day and according to my bodymedia fit it was not enough. Traditionally on my bodymedia when I do not eat enough I see dips in resting metabolic rate from around 1.3 to 1.0-1.1 cals/min and I see about 4-5 extended dips overnight and last nights graph shows the same dips as if I did a super low calorie day, this is after I overate by about 400 cals for the day. I am going to have to resort to more simple carbs to make up the deficit needed to get my resting metabolic rate up I think. Last night I pounded back a medium pizza and 2 slices of homemade white bread with homemade freezer jam and again I do not think I could have eaten more. The carb backloading is going to take some effort for sure.

CaseyD

Yeah, I find it's hard to throw down “enough” carbs. I think I'm going to have to start planning a little better, I usually find myself in the kitchen thinking, “What else can I destroy?” I tend to be more of a grazer during my back-loading period.

Richard Schmitt

I need to “graze”, I eat everything within 20 minutes… =( maybe that's a problem

CaseyD

I'd say it more a matter of personal preference. If I'm not going to be home, I'll eat bigger meals, but if I don't go anywhere, just as easy to keep going back to the kitchen.

Richard Schmitt

I'd say it more a matter of personal preference. If I'm not going to be home, I'll eat bigger meals, but if I don't go anywhere, just as easy to keep going back to the kitchen.

Yeah the thing is though, I know he states you don't take in fat for like an hour or two after insulin levels drop, so does that mean to "snack", "splurge quickly", or techincally "graze" for that hour or for those two hours? I don't want to mess it up by gaining fat.

CaseyD

I wouldn't worry about it. I do my PWO (no fat), then about an hour later, eat a dinner of lean meat and rice/potatoes. Shortly after (30 mins max), it's all fair game to me. So, if you're really worried about it, I'd recommend something similar to that for you.

Newfiedan
    Participant

I want to get the book but the price tag is a lil out of my range at the moment I am going to save up for it but being the only source of income for my house puts a lot of demand on my cheque lol. May have to skimp a bit on some added extras to get the cash to afford it.

CaseyD

The supps aren't a neccesity, so I'd just worry about getting the basics down to begin with. Once you're eating the “right” way, the supps just finish the puzzle.

Newfiedan
    Participant

I weighed in at 166.4 today that is up nearly 4.2 lbs since my last weigh in 2 week ago and from the visual look in the mirror none of that was fat this is after 2 weeks of skipping breakfast and carb backloading interesting stuff.

Newfiedan
    Participant

2 weeks in and gained 4.4 lbs but lost 0.5″ off my waist line I am 34″ now this is the lowest waist measurement to date. Also a pic for comparison.sidebysidecbl.jpg

Richard Schmitt

2 weeks in and gained 4.4 lbs but lost 0.5" off my waist line I am 34" now this is the lowest waist measurement to date. Also a pic for comparison.SAM_2133.jpg

Congrats man, Keep it up, doing great!

Newfiedan
    Participant

thx for the encouragement.

Newfiedan
    Participant

so I bit the bullet and purchased the cbl book and am going to delve into it today/tonight and read up on it to ensure that I get it right and maximize my results.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

my before/after and still work in progress

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?