My road!

• This topic has 6 voices and 35 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • Author

AciD

Hey you!I've been doing CBL for week or so, and I felt superawesome at gym! It was too soon to se results of bulking or leaning down, but I KNOW this type of eating is for me.I'd like to start this thread to help me get through the prep phase which I started yesterday so I could do this correctly, and than I'll post during CBL some of the results.My weight is now 91,6kg / 202 lbsHeight 193cm / 6'3''I do 3 times/week lifting and  2/3 times BJJ a week.Pictures later!Cheeers

Damon Amato
    Participant

another martial artist!  Love it!

AciD

Had some break from my rolling on the mat – because of arthroscopy that I had on november, currently I am having as I said 2-3 trainings per week on the mat, used to be 5. I am also doing boxing lately once a week just to improve my standing skills.Anyway - I am reeeeeeaaaaaaaaaly HARD gainer and reeeeeeeeeaaaly easy fat-gainer, however I manage to keep it on the leash.Currently - day 2 of prep phase, tommorow morning I'm going to do some HIIT. Today I felt a little tired and dizzy:DAlso I'm feeling like I'm already out of glycogen, hah! Anyway, I am ofcourse going to do full prep-phase.I just had eggs with bacon and tomato, so feeling lot better now. In one hour I'm starting my boxing and after that some lifting. In the evening I'll post my fat and protein intake, also - tommorow morning I'll try to post pictures of how I currently look just to monitor my progress.Oh - and is Hydrolysed Whey allowed on the prep phase PWO? As I can read - it is, however there was some confusion about that.Cheers!

Damon Amato
    Participant

Hydrolysate will spike insulin no matter how little you take. Prep phase or not, should only be consumed PWO.

AciD

Prep phase or not, should only be consumed PWO.

Yes, I know that it is going to spike insulin, but is it recomended on prep phase to use it PWO?Today I took isolate - better safe than sorry- but I will get Hydrolysed from now on.below- today's intakeOh and mb something about training:Well, boxing - I felt during training better than before training, so that's a plus. My cardio is still pretty good, although my arms were a little tired.Next was lifting - quite out of fuel, but did some power cleans, barbell rows, deadlifts and box squats. Not so bad either, so no harm here.

Damon Amato
    Participant

During prep phase specifically you may consider linking Naomi to this thread for an answer. I don't *think* it matters

Damon Amato
    Participant

Stupid iPhone….don't think it should matter but not 100% sure ANSI don't want to give a poor answer.

AciD

Morning Weigh-ins:91.2kg / 201 lbsPlease don't laugh:My current form, (sorry for the dirty mirror, haha!).Just heading for the HIIT.Cheers

Naomi Most

Prep phase or not, should only be consumed PWO.

Yes, I know that it is going to spike insulin, but is it recomended on prep phase to use it PWO?Today I took isolate - better safe than sorry- but I will get Hydrolysed from now on.below- today's intake

Yep, hydrolysate (e.g. DH Blend H) is great for no-carb PWO fuel.  Isolate is fine too!Any insulin-spiking protein is totally fine PWO, prep phase or not.

Damon Amato
    Participant

I would never laugh at someone way leaner than I am.

AciD

Slowly but steadily – 1lbs down.Honestly -  I thought that this water was going to drop more rapidly.

AciD

Still alive!Gym today - laaaack of power, but still, not so bad.Small question:Assuming I'll be doing CBL for some time, and before competition I'd have to cut some additional fat or just enter beaches like a boss - can I automatically go to carb nite 4 days -> carb nite -> 4 days etc? Or is there also prep phase needed?

dawatts22

Still alive!Gym today - laaaack of power, but still, not so bad.Small question:Assuming I'll be doing CBL for some time, and before competition I'd have to cut some additional fat or just enter beaches like a boss - can I automatically go to carb nite 4 days -> carb nite -> 4 days etc? Or is there also prep phase needed?

If I understand your question, where under certain circumstances you will be eating a fair amount of carbs over a period of days,  a 10 day prep phase would be needed to guarantee you get back into ketosis following your return to carbohydrates.  After that the minimum in between carb nites is 5 days, not 4.

AciD

If I understand your question, where under certain circumstances you will be eating a fair amount of carbs over a period of days,  a 10 day prep phase would be needed to guarantee you get back into ketosis following your return to carbohydrates.  After that the minimum in between carb nites is 5 days, not 4.

Thank you sir!

AciD

Whooops, I really over-did my Fats today:Dor under-did Proteins...

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

My road!

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?