New guy

• This topic has 5 voices and 10 replies.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Sportspt
    Keymaster

Hey folks. I'm a physical therapist and competitive powerlifter jumping on the CBL bandwagon. Going through prep phase and training hard 4 days per week following a custom program from a well respected elite level powerlifter. Looking forward to all discussions. 

Damon Amato
    Participant

<—-Athletic Trainer.  Nice to have you here.

sckiely
    Participant

Which coach? Just Curious? If thats ok

Damon Amato
    Participant

Which coach? Just Curious? If thats ok

Not sure I get what you mean. 

sckiely
    Participant

Just wondering which Powerlifter wrote his program?

Sportspt

Adam Hires (www.hulkhires.com) is my coach. He is ranked #2 at 242 (raw) and is hoping to set a WR or two at RUM5 in a few weeks (though at 220).

sckiely
    Participant

Adam looks like a great coach, I have been totally self taught up to this point, but am a little worried about making sure i peak at the right time, and get my schedule set up properly for the lead up, i am going to be Density Bulking until march to correlate with adding size and strength.Then i had planned to switch to strength Accumulation 8 weeks before comp to make sure i hit my weight class?

Sportspt

If this will be your first meet–don't even worry about weight class. The numbers you put up will only be a baseline for where you start (assuming you plan to stay in it for a while). Just go in and lift. don't worry about cutting weight until you are approaching records or national rankings. If you want to be at 198 (arbitrary class) but come in at 210 and have to lift in the 220 class it's not a big deal. Now if you have a total that is close to making big waves in the 198 then cut a little. For the first year in powerlifting I'd say don't worry about weight class. Just get stronger and get time on the platform. I'm cutting to 242 class because I have a goal of being ranked nationally in that weight class (or 220).

Richard Schmitt

Welcome to DH sir, really glad you decided to become apart of this!

sckiely
    Participant

If this will be your first meet--don't even worry about weight class. The numbers you put up will only be a baseline for where you start (assuming you plan to stay in it for a while). Just go in and lift. don't worry about cutting weight until you are approaching records or national rankings. If you want to be at 198 (arbitrary class) but come in at 210 and have to lift in the 220 class it's not a big deal. Now if you have a total that is close to making big waves in the 198 then cut a little. For the first year in powerlifting I'd say don't worry about weight class. Just get stronger and get time on the platform. I'm cutting to 242 class because I have a goal of being ranked nationally in that weight class (or 220).

Cool, i think i will take that advice, which makes life easier. I feel i have a good grasp of how to do Density bulking from before i got the book, so it should be easier to stick with that if i don't stress about weight. at moment i am 85kg so a lightweight in powerlifting i think  ;D So i really want to keep adding solid size

CJ84

Welcome on Board!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New guy

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?