New Here

• This topic has 5 voices and 14 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Tomahawk

New to this forums. Been on other forums for years. Just bought the Carb Back Loading book so I figured it would be a good idea to sign up here. Why not make the most of money spent.Learned about Carb Back Loading probably a year or so ago at the gym I was training at the time. Real cool gym owner with a great set up. I must admit I was a bit skeptical, but decided to check it out anyway. At the time the Shockwave Protocal email was still messed up. I tried CBL a little bit, but never really gave it a fair try.Fast forward to about a week ago. I get an email saying I just got the Shockwave Protocal. After reading over it I had become interested in Carb Back Loading again. Reread through some of the old articles. Decided to buy the book. It has been hard to start reading haha.A little bit about my training history. 5'7" ish and 233 pounds right now. Been fairly strong without any real coaching. Some PRs are bench 365, squat 550ish, deadlift 675. A bit far off from those numbers. So that is my goal lose some of this extra fat and get stronger.Long winded first post I know.

Richard Schmitt

Hey welcome sir! First post is always great to put out the information needed, no worries there. So were you wanting to do the Strength Accumlation for fat loss while maintain if not gaining muscle?

Tomahawk

Hey welcome sir! First post is always great to put out the information needed, no worries there. So were you wanting to do the Strength Accumlation for fat loss while maintain if not gaining muscle?

I started the Preparation Phase on Monday for Strength Accumulation. Yes the goal is fat loss. Maintaining muscle would be great, but if I can gain muscle that would be even better. I figure I have a bit of body fat I can lose. Figure I could get down to 210 or so.Right now I am doing Dorian Yates: Blood and Guts routine. Which I know Kiefer suggests against. The reason why he seems against it though is because of eccentric only training. But I am not doing eccentric only training. After I can no longer do the concentric portion of the lift my workout partner helps me do 1 or 2 negatives. Has anyone seen Kiefer's view on this? Because like I said it seems like he is against eccentric only training.Oh and I do plan on using the Shockwave Protocol next.

Kevin rogers
    Participant

Yeah he is against eccentric only training because it doesn't translocate tGLUT. But if you are adding some form of concentric training, like you allude to, and plan on doing the shockwave protocol, you will be just fine as far as training goes.

Tomahawk

Yeah he is against eccentric only training because it doesn't translocate tGLUT. But if you are adding some form of concentric training, like you allude to, and plan on doing the shockwave protocol, you will be just fine as far as training goes.

That is what I figured. I didnt think of the Blood and Guts as eccentric only training. Edit:All of this new coffee has me running high. So much energy haha. I have never been much of a coffee drinker. On that note is anyone else mixing coconut oil and heavy whipping cream into their coffee? I have been doing 1 tsp of CO and 2 tsp of HWC.

Lasse Elsbak
    Participant

On that note is anyone else mixing coconut oil and heavy whipping cream into their coffee? I have been doing 1 tsp of CO and 2 tsp of HWC.

I think most people here are. 😛

Tomahawk

On that note is anyone else mixing coconut oil and heavy whipping cream into their coffee? I have been doing 1 tsp of CO and 2 tsp of HWC.

I think most people here are. 😛

Ok was seeing if I was the only one who mixed both of them at the same time. Just making that a little more clear in this post.

Hey Tom, thanks for referring me over here. Hopefully I can find some info to get me started until I can afford to buy the book.

Tomahawk

Hey Tom, thanks for referring me over here. Hopefully I can find some info to get me started until I can afford to buy the book.

When I saw the name I was 99% sure it was you haha. The forums and articles should get you started. Plenty of people willing to help out. Ya the book isnt cheap, but it definitely helps bring things together.

Tomahawk

Closing in on the end of my prep phase. Tuesday is day 10, but Wednesday is just core. So I think I am going to hold off the back load till Thursday. Not having trouble with the ultra low carbs. Plus Sunday could have been off a little since I didnt have the book finished yet.So far strength seems to be stable. Going to try and deadlift 585 tomorrow.

Tomahawk

Lasse Elsbak
    Participant

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uouNirqrQMU&context=C49ee82cADvjVQa1PpcFPaFcFTclC-vG7R1EP0np_rbqN-6Y_oA00=I dont mind a little video fun.

Ouch, how's your spine today? 😛

Tomahawk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uouNirqrQMU&context=C49ee82cADvjVQa1PpcFPaFcFTclC-vG7R1EP0np_rbqN-6Y_oA00=I dont mind a little video fun.

Ouch, how's your spine today? 😛

Ya not my ideal form, but still working on it. My lower back feels like I didnt even work it. My upper mid back is a little sore.

Tomahawk

I must say I am liking the results. Havent checked weight since the prep phase just going off the mirror. Strength seems to be improving which I always like.There is some bad news. I have to get my wisdom teeth taken out this upcoming Tuesday. Any suggestions on how to keep low carb after surgery will be welcomed. The only real way I can think of is basically not eat haha. Everything else pretty much has to be chewed up which I am going to guess is going to hurt.

Richard Schmitt

I must say I am liking the results. Havent checked weight since the prep phase just going off the mirror. Strength seems to be improving which I always like.There is some bad news. I have to get my wisdom teeth taken out this upcoming Tuesday. Any suggestions on how to keep low carb after surgery will be welcomed. The only real way I can think of is basically not eat haha. Everything else pretty much has to be chewed up which I am going to guess is going to hurt.

Hamburger meat, mashed up like if you were making hamburger helper or something...HWC/Oils...uhm...scrammbled eggs with cheese, just make sure all this is swallowed and cut up pretty good. I've had my bottom taken out (still have to get the top removed...), and it sucked for food choices, trust me...you'll lose weight. Oh! Also look into some of the ULC Recipe forum for a sugar free icing, or sugar free jello with HWC, stuff like that. Just add some protein powder and a fat and you'll be good.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Here

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?