New to CNS

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

mankind72
    Participant

Hello to all. I am new to CNS, and my first Carb Nite is on Saturday. I have been low carb/ketosis now for a year or so and have lost a around 55 lbs. I am 43 years old, 6’1 187 lb stay at home dad with 2 kids and my only form of exercise is soccer (1.5 hrs) a couple of times a week. My goal like many people is body composition. I would like to lose the extra layer of body fat in the abdominal area as well as the upper body while conserving muscle. I was wondering what would be ideal regarding when to schedule Carb Nites to maximize my efforts in regards to the nights I play soccer and how much protein to consume during the protein/fat days?
    Any helpful information will be greatly appreciated.

Sam

Steve Cauffiel
    Participant

Were it me I’d have my CN the night before a soccer gig, and then have another soccer gig the next day or second day later. I.e. CN on Sunday, soccer Monday and Tuesday or Monday and Wednesday. Kind of like doing HIIT after CN; burn up that glycogen as soon as you can.

Steve

mankind72
    Participant

Thanks Steve! Any thought on the protein question?

Steve Cauffiel
    Participant

I’d pick one of the two to start out with: .8g of fat and 1g of protein per pound of lean body mass – OR – flip that and do 1g of fat and .8g of protein per. Pick one and stick it out for at least four weeks to see how you’re trending. If you’re not losing much then flip-flop and try the other. I have better results with higher fat than protein, but that’s not the same for everyone and requires some testing.

S.

mankind72
    Participant

thanks Steve! I have not been tracking my macros, but kind of have a feel of were they are. I’m wondering if my carbs are at 5%, and really high fat and almost as much protein.
    Is it possible then by lowering my fat a liitle calorically my body would start to use the last remaining fat in the abdominal area? It just occurred to me, so I had to ask? lol
    Sam

Steve Cauffiel
    Participant

Well, no, not really. Spot reduction doesn’t work, the body burns fat where the body wants to burn fat. You’ll have to play with your macros to see how it works for you, honestly. Some seem to do better with less fat and more protein, some do better with less protein and more fat. More fat seems to work best for me, but less fat seems to work best for my girlfriend. I like to think that by having more fat I’m encouraging my body to keep burning it; it knows it has plenty to work with and keeps on using it for fuel.

And I’m pretty sure the abdominal area is everyone’s personal demon, being the first place fat gets stored and the last place it comes off. 😉

YMMV (Your Mileage May Vary) lol

EDIT: And you might want to start seriously tracking your macros, you might be surprised at what you find. There’s a lot of hidden garbage in our foods nowadays.

Tony Sangimino

If you cut a little bit of fat, you’ll most likely see results. The biggest issue I see with all my new clients is them overeating fat. Once were able to dial that in, they start seeing results without dropping total calories.

mankind72
    Participant

Thanks, I will probably start tracking them again just to be totally sure of my macros.

mankind72
    Participant

Yes Tony I was thinking that also. That if I do that, maybe I can find that “sweet spot” and then I have a gauge of some sort to help me navigate through this.

sam

Naser
    Participant

Hi there. I was looking for some diet program to loose weight and finally last week read about CNS. I started cns and today is my 3rd day. But i dont have any solid idea what n how many meal should i eat on my ulc day.

I’m 5feet 10inch tall having 76kg. I’m a student and doing moderate work out 3/4 times in a week for at least 1 hour including 20mins of cardio and rest 40mins of weight lifting but with machines not with dumble or barbel. I’m also not a breakfast person. Most of my days i remain fasting till 1pm or 2pm because i have to wake up early and travel to my university and attend classes and then again travel back to home so i take my first meal at around 3pm/4pm. Then i go working out.

I have some questions regarding this CNS and would be delighted if i get some answers from any person who r already achieving success with CNS.

1. What should i take on my breakfast? If m fasting from last night after having my last meal at 11pm? Usually i eat atleast a banana after waking up in the morning. Or a shake including fruits with yoghurt and almond milk. Is it OK to have those while m on CNS?

2. Should i eat carbs more than 30g on my post work out meal or whatever i work out or not my carb must not exceed 30g on my ULC day?

3. Should I take carbs more than 30g before going to bed?

4. Can i eat fruits while m doing CNS?

Thanks a lot in advance.
    Naser.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New to CNS

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?