Newbie Girl Here!

• This topic has 10 voices and 15 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

vballstlgirl
    Keymaster

Hi all – So I just began in this interesting world of Carb Nite.  A little bit about me - for the past gosh, 10 years or so I steadily gained weight until I was at my highest weight ever.  I had a whole host of problems due to my weight - number 1 being diabetes.  I woke up and decided to do something about it.  I started a super low calorie (1200 ) diet where I lost about 70 pounds.  This took care of the diabetes symptoms and I was able to get off all meds.  Then 6 months in, the weight stopped coming off.  I was in the gym every day, working out with a personal trainer twice a week, watching calories but no luck.  Then my trainer told me about carb nite.  I have been on the program just under a week (carb nite is on Wednesday - totally nervous about that!) and I am finally feeling better (think I had the CN flu!).  The scale has started to move in the right direction and I am really excited to see how this program can change my body.  I never thought I would be one of those people totally obsessed with food and working out,  but I finally get the importance of taking care of yourself.  Just wish I figured it out years ago! 

Kevin rogers
    Participant

Welcome, and you are at the right place. Carbnite is what makes this program work so get excited about it. I know it can be nervous in the beginning because we are taught to avoid the foods that now you are told to eat. Again the carbnite is a very important part of the diet and don't be afraid to go over board because it is a lot easier to scale back as you keep learning.Good luck

Monica

Hi I am also a Newbie girl.  Welcome!  Most of my family that is older than me also has had diabetes so I also have to be serious about getting in shape or I will probably get it as well.  I only just had my first Carb Nite this last weekend and it was great!  Enjoy yours 🙂

welcome aboard

Bartleby83

Welcome!

NewJenn

Welcome! I'm new too, I started about two weeks ago, I am anticipating my second carb nite saturday night. What is great about this plan is lack of hunger and being able to eat “forbidden” foods one day a week.I am pretty excited this morning that I am already in jean one size smaller. (I'm wearing a pair that I couldn't wear just two weeks ago- ;D) I'm sure you know how wonderful and encouraging this is. Good luck on your first carb nite-dont be nervous, enjoy! And don't forget to drink alot of water that night too.  (And do not get on the scale the day after)

vballstlgirl

LOL newjenn!  I told myself I wouldn't and I did much to my dismay!  But I didn't let myself get down b/c I completely expected to be up scale wise.  I am glad to report I was totally back on track today although I have been hungrier today than last week, which I think is kind of odd. 

NewJenn

You are brave to get on the scale the day after, I choose technique over truth in this instance! haha Somethings I just don't want to know.I find I am hungrier for a day or so after carb nite, sometimes it seems as if eating that food stokes my old habits of incorporating carbs into meals. I have to remind myself that those are off limits for the next week. I also stuggle on occasion as to what is head hunger and what is stomach hunger. I was hungry last night when I got home late evening, I ate well all day, but I had stomach hunger so I did eat. The book states to eat to hunger so I followed that advice. Sometimes I wonder if I should ignore it and go to bed hungry or feed it for best results.By the way I found a meal I love. I had extra chicken left over from another meal, topped it with a little shredded co jack cheese, fresh avocado, and a tbsp of salsa and sour cream. It was very yummy and satisfying.

sckiely
    Participant

Just eat when you feel the need. Some days you will eat more than others, this is ok!As long as what you eat is on par with the rules then eating to hunger is the best option! Some days you NEED more some days you need less!This is dependent on a lot of factors which is why a "calorie is not a calorie"

NewJenn

Thanks Sckiely,as usual excellent advice. There are a few of you here that really spend alot of time reading and responding to comments and questions. Its much appreciated!

Welcome!! Lots more girls getting involved, which is fun!

NewJenn

Thanks Julie, its good to know that girls are welcome too. There is alot about this program that has major benefits for women. I think most guys would agree that having the women in thier lives getting healthier, stronger, and feeling better benefits us all.

MJ4032
    Participant

Another new girl here, too!  I'm starting off with CNS for a few weeks and then planning to transition to CBL.  Just started today!

Damon Amato
    Participant

gl to you ma'am.  Don't think I've ever seen so many females on a forum like this.

Karin O’Sullivan
    Participant

Welcome to the ranks and good luck. Very cool that we are getting more females on board.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Newbie Girl Here!

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?