No progress

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Sveinn Palmason
    Participant

Ive been on CNS since first week of January and nothing happens

Steve Cauffiel
    Participant

Hooboy. Gonna need a whole lot more info than that to figure out what’s up. I’d have to guess, based on your name and the short post, that english isn’t your native tongue but do your best to spell out everything you’re doing/eating and when and the folks here will do their best to help you out. That’s a long time to have been doing this to not see anything so obviously something’s not working. 🙂

Sveinn Palmason
    Participant

I am 52 years old. Work as a CFO. A typical day for me si to stand up at 7. One cup of coffee. At 10:00 breakfast, usually two boild eggs. 12:00 lunch, chicken breast or two chicken legs, fried salmon fillets or similar. Drink 2-3 cups of coffe during the day. 16:30 weight lifting in the gym, heavy weights for one hour. After training protein drink with isolate whey protein, banan, orange djuice and water. Dinner at 19:00 no carbs just meat or fish, vegetables and fat sauses

Steve Cauffiel
    Participant

Just taking a gander at what you’re eating, it doesn’t look like you’re taking in any/barely fats – do you have this stuff broken down into macros? Fats are muy importante (very important) in regards to CNS. Be careful of the carbs in your banana and orange juice too.

Sveinn Palmason
    Participant

I mix 1-2 teaspoons of MCT oil into the coffee and eat fatty souse both durirn lunch and dinner. I have measured my fat intake using LifeSum app on my mobile and im consuming 160-180 gr. of fat on an average pr day
    I weigh about 250lbs

Steve Cauffiel
    Participant

Well damn – how many grams of protein are you taking in? Are you lifting crazy heavy?

Sveinn Palmason
    Participant

About 140-180 gr pr day.
    I lift for example in bench press from 150 lbs up to 250 lbs and down again
    Pyramid

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

What is your diet history like? Were you on another diet before Carb Nite? Also what do you usually eat for your Carb Nite?

Steve Cauffiel
    Participant

Have you tried lowering your overall caloric intake? You’re taking in a good number of calories, especially with those ranges, if you happen to take in 180g of fat and 180g of protein you’re over 2500 calories – and then throw in some additional for carbs. When I started out at 258 (end of 2014) I kept my fat below 175 and my protein below 150 – and barely had any carbs and I’m sitting at 221 at the moment. The body needs to be in some sort of deficit to lose weight/fat so you might consider watching those macros more closely and reducing those ranges. You could also try flip-flopping your macros and go higher protein and lower fat. Different things work better for different people. Speaking of, do you do any HIIT? Might try adding that for a day or two after your Carb Nite to help get rid of your glycogen.

Sveinn Palmason
    Participant

I was on a high protein diet last summer but quit in july. After that i was just on a normal diet eating to much.
    On Carb nite i start with sweets, gum for example. Cake, good dinner with potatos or rice or pizza. Some sweets in the evening after dinner

Sveinn Palmason
    Participant

Maybe i should try to lower my caloric intake and go down to 160-170 gr fat and protein down to 140.
    Reduce carb intake to absolute minimum on carb nite. Maybe just one banan or similar. I might be very
    sensible for carbs.
    I have not tried to do Hiit exercises but that could also be wise efter carb nite.
    I exercise 4-5 times a week and split my exercises into to 4 catagories. Chest, Back, Shoulders and legs and finally arms

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

What is your current weight?

Sveinn Palmason
    Participant

Current weight is 253 lbs. My target is 205 lbs

Steve Cauffiel
    Participant

Maybe i should try to lower my caloric intake and go down to 160-170 gr fat and protein down to 140.

That’s what I’d try first were it me. Depending on how that goes for a couple weeks, I’d flip-flop my macros if you don’t see results.

Reduce carb intake to absolute minimum on carb nite. Maybe just one banan or similar. I might be very
    sensible for carbs.

Not sure I’d reduce carb intake to anything like what the word minimum implies – but again, were it me (and this is what I do) I’d be doing four distinct spikes every two hours of around 125g of carbs. Start out low fat, and add the fatty stuff in later at night.

I have not tried to do Hiit exercises but that could also be wise efter carb nite.

Yep, couldn’t hurt to try to knock out some of the glycogen right away.

I exercise 4-5 times a week and split my exercises into to 4 catagories. Chest, Back, Shoulders and legs and finally arms

Check; remember, working out too strenuously can have negative effects on this diet. Don’t go hog nuts wild and try for Mr.Olympia – get a good lift in but you shouldn’t be utterly wasted.

Drink plenty of water throughout the day too.

Hopefully ibob will post back up, he’s brilliant with this stuff.

Sveinn Palmason
    Participant

Thank you for your good advise Steve. I am going to follow it and see how things develope 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

No progress

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?