No progress

Viewing 16 post (of 16 total)
  • Author

Steve Cauffiel
    Participant

Well there’s no telling if it’s good advice yet lol – but that’s just how I’d go about it. 🙂

Gotta keep in mind that a “good” carb nite / reload is essential for all the hormonal stuff that needs to occur. To reiterate, a “good carb nite” – to ME – means getting good distinct spikes every two hours. Some people can handle four, some people can only handle three. It’s difficult to tell how many grams of carbs to take (at least for me) but I’ve found the best success is when hitting around 125g per spike, four spikes, for a total of around 500g. Some people can take in a LOT (700-1000g – and I’m jealous) but I think that’s mostly for folks that are younger. Once you roll into middle-age it’s not nearly so easy to burn off all that’s taken in.

Anyway, give it three weeks at the lower macros and some HIIT and see how it goes. If you don’t see much of a change, try flip-flopping those macros and give it another three weeks. Hopefully one of those will get things moving. I’m also hoping ibob pops back in here with his thoughts to make sure I’m not leading you astray. 😉

Viewing 16 post (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

No progress

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?