Nutrient Timing Revisited – NSCA’s 2014 National Conference

• This topic has 4 voices and 13 replies.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Rob Haas
    Keymaster

Penny Danner
    Participant

Is there a Cliff's Notes version?  😛

Rob Haas

Penny, I am sorry I do not have the direct link but it can be found here: http://www.alanaragon.com/homeBottom line I get from watching this is nothing we don't already know:Yes there is an "anabolic window"Depending on what nutrient intake is pre-training and what activity level is post training (next training session) determines nutrient macros.There is a chart posted in the link on his site.

Penny Danner
    Participant

I was kidding….but thanks for the info….YOU are the Cliff's Notes version. 😉 LOL 

Robert x Oleary
    Participant

I'm not familiar with all the “big names” but isn't Alan Aragon the champion of the old-school “Broscience.” Methodology? I might have him confused, but I thought I heard about it on Kiefer's end of year podcast and him being a key note speaker in a debate at an upcoming convention. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jenelle Brewer
    Participant

Kiefer bitches about Alan Aragon constantly.

Robert x Oleary
    Participant

Took a long time for me to get through this video from so many interruptions, but it was really interesting. Entirely circumstantial recommendations, but when you want answers specific to your circumstance, that's kind of the point. Thanks for sharing, this is exactly the topic that was talked about in the end of year podcast by Kiefer, Dr. Rocky, and I forget the other ladies name. It was kind of reassuring to have the outcome match up with my own preferences too. If I have an AM lift, I put Whey in my AM accelerator, if not, I just use HWC and CO. I would love to see some info on BCAA Supplementation though. My first coach loved them, my second coach called them an utter waste of money.

Rob Haas

I would love to see some info on BCAA Supplementation though. My first coach loved them, my second coach called them an utter waste of money.

Same here. BPak swears by them, so does Layne Norton (I think). Others say waste of money just use Whey, which really kind of makes sense to me.I guess once all of the money runs out in the supplement industry we'll finally get some straight answers. So far all we get that is close is "it depends..."

Robert x Oleary
    Participant

I would love to see some info on BCAA Supplementation though. My first coach loved them, my second coach called them an utter waste of money.

I guess once all of the money runs out in the supplement industry we'll finally get some straight answers. So far all we get that is close is "it depends..."

Speaking as a supplement sponsored competitor, LMFAO! Nailed that on the head. In my own experience I find better results on BCAAs in gaining phases, and trim much faster when I remove them  and only take Leucine post during a cut phase of my cycles. People have stated it's due to the removal of their artificial sweeteners, not the BCAAs themselves. Either way, that's what's worked for me. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rob Haas

Interesting. I have taken BCAA's out of everything except intra-nutrition. I'm wondering if I even need it there.

Rob Haas

They all bitch about each other. Jealously I guess.Alan Argon did make the top 40 list: http://www.jmaxfitness.com/blog/top-40-fitness-professionals-2015/Interesting to that Layne Norton hasn't directly mention Kiefer or CBL but has called "binge diets" stupid.

Robert x Oleary
    Participant

They all bitch about each other. Jealously I guess.Alan Argon did make the top 40 list: http://www.jmaxfitness.com/blog/top-40-fitness-professionals-2015/Interesting to that Layne Norton hasn't directly mention Kiefer or CBL but has called "binge diets" stupid.

They definitely get pretty defensive/aggressive against other "gurus", but Alan Aragon specifically seems to be targeted by just about everyone who comes from a scientific background. But yeah, I've noticed this a lot too, even at a local level, not to mention the national level, amongst competition coaches. Kiefer hinted at it in his end of year rant podcast as "why this industry sucks", but it's pretty dog eat dog it seems in the fitness world. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rob Haas

A shame isn't it? Image where we'd be if we all got along without all of the confirmation bias? LOL.

Robert x Oleary
    Participant

I have no idea what that would even look like! Maybe in time, as the practical application and science begin to merge more with people like Norton and BPak… But even those two seem to have an unspoken rivalry. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Nutrient Timing Revisited – NSCA’s 2014 National Conference

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?