Nutrition Struggles

• This topic has 7 voices and 15 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

amedio
    Keymaster

So it is 9:39 PM and I am passed being full! I do not want another bite! I am serious! I stay fairly active throughout the day so I am a bit disgruntled with my nutritional intake today.  😮 Though, today I actually kept track of more than just my carbs. Some feedback on this would be greatly appreciated! Thanks DH Forum members! I am currently around the low 240s as far as weight is concerned. Not to mention I have about ten pounds of metal in my back. Total Calories 1,800Total Fat 95gTotal Protein 205gTotal Carbs 20g*NOTE: I rounded my calculations up just a tad bit.

soulmind

You need to up the fat intake.  If you have to curtail the protein to have more appetite for fat I would do that.  CN is not a low calorie diet but if you can't eat more overall just be sure to get a more even ratio with fat and protein otherwise your body will use protein (i.e. muscle) for energy and not fat.

robhally

way more fat… what ^^^ he said.

6by6

9:30 still early. Next time wait till 10:30, grab a stick of butter and handle your business. I'm actually having the same issue and have considered the butter option could not manage to do it though. Seems without eating beef it's very hard to get your fats in. Chicken does not cut it.

Allenxld

BEEF, CHEESE, AVACADOS, KRILL OIL SUPPLEMENTS, BACON, BUTTER, COCONUT OIL, CHICKEN THIGHS (instead of breast), ORGANIC CANOLA OIL, BACON, BUTTER, BISON, PORK SAUSAGE, ETC.Did I say BACON AND BUTTER??

Allenxld

OH YEAH, I forgot NUTS!!! and BACON and BUTTER!! Did I say that already???? LOL!

selah7

I am having similar problems with my nutrition.  Most times I can get my fat and protein pretty balanced.  But, I seriously struggle with eating something other than steak, chicken, bacon and cheese.  I really like veggies, but those are minimal on CNS.Last night I had a carb nite and ate what I wanted, but compared to other carb nite I just wasn't hungry for the food and I filled up faster.  Is that normal?  But, then this morning I started in with 6 choc chip cookies!  Ugh!Any input from fellow CNS peers is greatly appreciated.  Here is an average ultralow carb nutrition day:1328 calories22 g Carbs108 g Fat119 g Protein7 g Fiber

soulmind

Filling up faster on your carb night is very normal.  Your stomach has shrunk and you actually notice how the carbs effect your body when you consume them sparsely.

selah7

Does anyone get “bored” with the same food?  Getting tired of bacon, steak, cheese, and chicken.  (Funny, never thought I would get tired of bacon)!  😀

amedio

Well I have a HUGE steak in the fridge and the grill is about to start up. I have my butter close by as well!

soulmind

Does anyone get "bored" with the same food?  Getting tired of bacon, steak, cheese, and chicken.  (Funny, never thought I would get tired of bacon)!  😀

Yes.  Try to bring some other things to keep it exciting (part of the reason that people who integrate vegetables last longer on the diet).  Play around with fish, limited nuts, cottage cheese, pork rinds and other pork products besides bacon, and if you can get it reasonably cheap try lamb.  Part of the reason that I only did a month of CN before switching to CBL is that I didn't take my own advice and got bored.

6by6

Well I have a HUGE steak in the fridge and the grill is about to start up. I have my butter close by as well!

That sound pretty good, I love butter on my steak.Another fat option, Flax seed. I'm gonna make some flax seed bread right now, very good for peanut butter sandwiches, should keep you in the black with fat.

amedio

Butter on beef – I first tried it a year ago and have yet to look back. Today has been better...much bettery than yesterday. I have ended up with a little over 200g of protein and right at 160g of fat. Peanuts should help me hit a 50/50 ratio tomorrow. I might even get another cup of coffee with coconut oil in and try involving butter in all of my meals.

Naomi Most

Does anyone get "bored" with the same food?  Getting tired of bacon, steak, cheese, and chicken.  (Funny, never thought I would get tired of bacon)!  😀

Oh yeah, all the time.That's why I put up the Recipes section in the forums -- so we could get some creative food choices up there!

stephenhdmrs

Try to incorporate some cream sauces on your food.  Bring out the inner chef!  French/Italian food has a lot of heavy cream sauces that contain no carbs or very minimal.  It'll keep you entertained while you try new things.  Maybe give you a reason to buy a new cookbook?(okay… maybe that one is just me).

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Nutrition Struggles

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?