Poll: How do you backload or have Carb Nites?

• This topic has 14 voices and 61 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 62 total)
  • Author

guitarjon
    Participant

That's what I'm afraid of!! If I start with candies, I will eat bags - no joke. I eat similar to you and it seems to work out pretty well IMO.

I'm lucky if a qtr cup of candy is eaten, I think I've been holding off, then eating too  dense.. Cory's plan is well laid out.. Hmmm mix in pancakes ~ some cereal..  Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

I want to make a brownie batter pancake topped with ice cream.

Mix cocoa powder with the regular pancake mix! It's pretty much the same way just cooked on the stove instead of the oven.

That sounds awesome.  I might try that tomorrow night with my waffles.

If you do make sure to post about it. I don't want to waste any pancake mix. Lol

Haha, me neither.  I'm confident it'll work nicely though.  Either way I'll keep you posted.

I'm sure it'll work good too and if not ice cream on top will fix that problem.

Yes it will.

Mikehr

Yeah agreed if I could eat/stomach the dirtier foods all night I would be, as it is pretty much proven that the fatty carbs work better!

Lesli Bortz
    Participant

I am still backloading/doing CN 2012 style.Honestly, I was never this disciplined on a diet in my life for 95% of the week, so I don't give a fuck what is optimal or not. I got strong/lean on ice cream, cookies and cake, not on rice and potatoes.If I eat low fat it's because I like how that particular food tastes at that moment.

Yes!!! Ok I'm feeling better lol.

Richard Schmitt

Enlighten me please y'all, what is the definition with Backloading/CN 2012 Style with 2013?

Scope75

Yeah agreed if I could eat/stomach the dirtier foods all night I would be, as it is pretty much proven that the fatty carbs work better!

Man I need to find out if I can still pound doughnuts like the old days. If I can I'll say fuck the clean carbs and go straight to the dirty shit. Dirty would be easier and less time consuming.

Enlighten me please y'all, what is the definition with Backloading/CN 2012 Style with 2013?

Eailer in 2012 everyone worried less about keeping things low fat, were as now everyone seems to keep everything low fat.

Richard Schmitt

Eailer in 2012 everyone worried less about keeping things low fat, were as now everyone seems to keep everything low fat.

Well now that I think about it, that makes me feel like a jackass

Lesli Bortz
    Participant

First page of my notes I think is Kiefer's quote…5d44b306d24f9ae6587f1c88d1913813_zps09041177.jpgI've clung tightly to this lol.

thestiffmeister
    Participant

2012 style means just eat what you enjoy eating and make sure it has lots of carbs, among other things. I don't think it's different now for some people, but I think that as this diet gets more followers more “optimization” will follow.The whole process is quite understandable, but I think a lot of people actually underestimate how much training will affect what you can get away with. The little tweaks may make a difference, but to me that's insignificant compared to what you can accomplish through training harder/smarter.Overdid it a little? Add a couple extra reps/sets/pounds/minutes to your next workouts, fiddle some more, go for a walk, pound some more coffee, play sports, etc. Feel like shit the next day cause your insides hate you? Don't eat that anymore.Whenever I start trying to tweak too much I think about the fit/strong men from the good old days, and they didn't give a fuck about anything. Lots of them drank, too. It's not that complicated, we just want it to be cause tweaking your diet is a lot easier than going for superhuman feats. I came here because I thought it was cool to eat junk and get jacked. Nobody will take that away from me 😛

troypulk
    Participant

For me it's dirty and clean.I do something different every Carb Nite.Breakfast - coffeeLunch is just some meat and fat or fasting, I don't count anything so I have no idea what I'm eating, but I'm defiantly not stuffing myself.I'll start off at about 3pm with 2 or 3 donuts and a milky-way candy bar and come turnovers with a little protein and no fat at all.Then about a hour later I'll eat some cheescake or ice cream or what ever I feel like trying. I make 2 cups of sweet rice/sticky rice and eat that for the rest of the nite, I'll add a little almond milk and cinnamon with the dextrose and leucine to the rice as well.  I plan on baking some purple potatoes next time, as time goes on I'll add what ever is needed.I add 30g Dextrose and 5g Leucine every time I eat.I know I've got a good spike going when I get the sweats and my heart is racing.

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

I am going to define 2012 method of CBL (aka Traditional CBL or Kiefer style CBL)Skip BreakfastEat less than 30 g of carbs in the late morning and afternoonTrain in the early eveningEat carbohydrates at nightSound familiar?

Lesli Bortz
    Participant

Vaguely.

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

We should also suggest Kiefer make a t-shirt that just says “What's your ratio?”  haha.

Lesli Bortz
    Participant

Oooh. That's funny!!!

thestiffmeister
    Participant

Ah! That would be pretty funny, but it'd be an inside joke for sure.Now that I think about it, coming to Japan killed my obsession with tracking macros and calories. Now I can't do it any longer cause the meat cuts are all different and I can't read the damn labels haha. Also, a lot of things I eat are not easily found online, so I just eyeball stuff.My ratio? No fucking idea.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 62 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Poll: How do you backload or have Carb Nites?

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?