Pre-Workout Supplements Question/Concern

• This topic has 6 voices and 20 replies.
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author

Naomi Most

You should try out the Gamma Labs pre-training formula. It is by far my favorite pre-workout, and gives such a natural pump, and has no sugar. My two favorite things about it are that it DOES NOT contain geranium stem in it like Jack3d does. Which is a great thing because geranium stem actually inhibits blood flow, and with a pre-workout supplement, that pretty much defeats the whole purpose. With a pre-workout you want to INCREASE your blood flow, vaso-constrictors are no good! Second favorite thing about it is that it taste absolutely amazing and mixes so easily. By far the best tasting supplement on the market in my opinion. There are plenty of reviews and video testimonials all over the internet about it. Give it a try, it's definitely worth a shot.

Yay, a teaching moment.You guys got it right: This particular message is EXACTLY the kind of message that demonstrates that the poster is ONLY interested in marketing a product.  He only had 1 forum post (that one), he registered the same day, and he makes comparisons to Jack3d, as if that's what the conversation was all about.It's ok for people to talk about products and stuff, even if they're not Kiefer's. How imbalanced would the forum be if we stifled that kind of discussion?I don't even mind if trusted forum members post "ads" in their messages, like "by the way, buy my stuff!"  No use making people dance around the fact that they stand to make a buck off of their words. That just makes people sneakier.It's just the guys going around using the machine-gun-fire approach to getting attention on forums that we need to stamp out.Now I'm gonna figure out what SMF (this forum software) lets me do in terms of "warning" members, hiding offending posts, etc. Still got things to learn about how this all works.--Naomi

Richard Schmitt

I'm sure when there are more moderators than just Kiefer and Naomi that will happen.

Now taking applications... 🙂All of you guys in this particular thread would be great candidates. Uh, except for the marketing droid.

that would be awesome to work for a company like this. Yeah no marketing droids allowed in our club jackass

Would taking something like Ultima by Omega Sports interfere with anything at all? It has 5g of carbs. I'm not sure if those 5g or any of the other ingredients in it are enough to induce an unwanted insulin spike before a workout.http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/omega-sports/ultima-40-servings.html?sel=2950Sorry for linking to another site if that's a problem. Just wanted to share the ingredient profile for anyone who wasn't aware of the product. It's a stim free preworkout, but I'd be taking it with some caffeine.

Cropsy

Been carb backloading since August and it's going well but constantly fine tuning. I usually take a scoop of ON Whey (and recently) a scoop of Leucine pre-workout, but should I skip that to avoid the dreaded pre-workout insulin spike? This is usually a couple hours after a meal with substantial fats (bacon, eggs etc) mind you…Would I be better off skipping supplements pre-workout, concentrating on the wholefoods meal (as above), and relegating all the supplements to the post-workout window?Thanks!

Bumping for an answer. My question is whether ingesting a supplement with 5g of carbs pre-workout would screw up potential fat burning during the workout. Here is the supp:http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/omega-sports/ultima-40-servings.html?sel=2950

Naomi Most

Been carb backloading since August and it's going well but constantly fine tuning. I usually take a scoop of ON Whey (and recently) a scoop of Leucine pre-workout, but should I skip that to avoid the dreaded pre-workout insulin spike? This is usually a couple hours after a meal with substantial fats (bacon, eggs etc) mind you...Would I be better off skipping supplements pre-workout, concentrating on the wholefoods meal (as above), and relegating all the supplements to the post-workout window?Thanks!

Pre-workout leucine, i.e. pre-workout insulin spiking, is not recommended for anybody, whether the goal is bulking or leaning out. I'm also going to come out and say that asking a question about CBL on an old thread that's not IN the CBL forums, and then "bumping" when the admins ignore it is not recommended for anybody, either...

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pre-Workout Supplements Question/Concern

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?