pre workout

• This topic has 7 voices and 18 replies.
Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Big_R
    Participant

Does anyone have any experience or preference with using l-alanine, beta-alanine, or l-citrulline pre workout in addition to caffeine and creatine?Thanks.j.

i'm taking NeuroCore by muscletech.  i'm not a big fan of the pre-workout supps, but i work at a desk and need stimulation before walking into the gym.  needless to say the beta-alanine makes my legs tingle while i walk into the gym.  what a great feeling...

MJC

same this is the only pre workout I like… 

SchilleroStrength

Does anyone have any experience or preference with using l-alanine, beta-alanine, or l-citrulline pre workout in addition to caffeine and creatine?Thanks.j.

Here's a good article with research references from the International Society of Sports Nutrition on Beta-Alanine: http://sportsnutritioninsider.insidefitnessmag.com/1741/beta-alanine-one-kick-a-amino-acidCitrulline has some benefits relating to aerobic capacity and fatigue (Schwedhelm E, R Maas, R Freese, et al. Pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic properties of oral L-citrulline and L-arginine: impact on nitric oxide metabolism. Br J Clin Pharmacol. 2008; 65(1):51-9.) However I wouldn't consider it a "must-have".  And Arginine has been proved to be near-useless, so I wouldn't waste your money. 

I take both caffeine (16 oz black coffee), and I take cirtulline + creatine (among other things) pre-workout.Beta-Alanine is EXCELLENT!  I am not currently running it (take a break), but it works by reducing lactic acid in the muscles, allowing you to lift longer and more forcefully... i.e., more reps.  Absolutely essential for muscle-building phases.  However, do not take it with Taurine (which I am running, right now @ 1g/dose)... as they cancel ea. other out in competition for receptor sites.Citrulline is amazing for a good pump, and it trumps cheaper AAKG (Arginine AKG).  3g will do you.  I've been running this for years!5g of creatine, pre-workout, is suggested.Buy raws in bulk ... much cheaper!  (WARNING:  tastes like utter $h!t, though.  Esp. Citrulline and Acetyl Carnitine)Cory

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

pre workout

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?