Prep Phase PWO Whey

• This topic has 3 voices and 5 replies.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

apisula2000

Question????  During the prep phase is it ok to drink my whey protein PWO.  I know the general rule is no more than 30g carbs/day, and it is a lean whey so that's ok right?  When I looked at the sample plan, it says during the prep phase, PWO (no carbs).  Thanks.Tony

Question????  During the prep phase is it ok to drink my whey protein PWO.  I know the general rule is no more than 30g carbs/day, and it is a lean whey so that's ok right?  When I looked at the sample plan, it says during the prep phase, PWO (no carbs).  Thanks.Tony

PWO is the only suggested time to use whey on CNS. On CBL you can use it PWO and at night whie backloading. Stick to whole foods during the day and keep it simple.

apisula2000

PWO is the only suggested time to use whey on CNS. On CBL you can use it PWO and at night whie backloading. Most definitely will stick to whole foods during the day.  Thanks..Stick to whole foods during the day and keep it simple.

T-Bone300

No carbs (max 30g) for the first 10 days but you can still/and should take your whey, and it's actually recommended first thing to hold off catabolism (assuming you care) – refer the section on the ignition formula, although the prescription is only prescribes 10g up to 3 times a day (low enough to hold off the insulin spike from whey – which would take you out of fat burning mode) – you an reduce even further by adding the coconut mik (e.g. McT)If your actually concerned about carb levels then change your whey to a more pure form (mine is 23g protein / 25gram serving) - If you have carbs in your whey and you didn't specifically buy it for that purpose then you may be using a cheap power (recommend buying online from a reputable outlet)

apisula2000

No carbs (max 30g) for the first 10 days but you can still/and should take your whey, and it's actually recommended first thing to hold off catabolism (assuming you care) - refer the section on the ignition formula, although the prescription is only prescribes 10g up to 3 times a day (low enough to hold off the insulin spike from whey - which would take you out of fat burning mode) - you an reduce even further by adding the coconut mik (e.g. McT)If your actually concerned about carb levels then change your whey to a more pure form (mine is 23g protein / 25gram serving) - If you have carbs in your whey and you didn't specifically buy it for that purpose then you may be using a cheap power (recommend buying online from a reputable outlet)

T-BoneThanks for the response.  Yes, my whey is ULC.  20g/3g.  I started taking the igniton formula in the morning today.  I have always taken my MCT in the morning also.  Any hints on how to get it not to clump in the coffee?

T-Bone300

Only got my McT powder today so not sure how it reacts with coffee. If lumping is an issue then don't put it in the coffee. I tried mine tonight with water and it mixed fine and tasted like Milk of Magnesia – Much more pleasant than the coconut oil I also purchased.Good luck

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Prep Phase PWO Whey

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?