preworkout drinks

• This topic has 5 voices and 10 replies.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Newfiedan
    Participant

So I figured I would throw my 2 cents into the fray with a chat about preworkout drinks, I have tried a few different things like a good strong cup of coffee and a few commercial drinks like BSN no-xplode and currently trying out Jack3d. I have to say that the BSN stuff was potent, it gave me a heck of a buzz with 2 scoops however I am pretty disappointed in the jack3d it does not seem to affect me in the same manner as the bsn did. I had to go to the max dose to really feel any appreciable energy increase and post workouts it leaves me feeling kind of sick to my stomach. I would have to say that I would not recommend the stuff to anyone I know and am pretty disappointed in it. I have tried not eating before my workout for 4 hrs then taking the dose to see if it helps any but nada, its pretty tame stuff if you ask me. Now I am going to alter my nutrition schedule to take the carb backloading into account and see if that helps alter results any.

Jeremy Wade
    Participant

I have found that the pre-workout drinks tend to effect people differently, not sure why.  The BSN does nothing for me, but the Jack 3D completely jacks me for an hour with just 1 scoop and I can feel it in the back of my hands within 5 minutes of drinking it.  I tried the Cellucor C4 Extreme because some of my friends that had previously experienced positive results from Jack 3D recommended it, but the only thing it did for me was give me a headache and nausea after the workout and stain all my shakers to a dirty piss-yellow color.

CaseyD

I've tried Jack3d and Superpump 250 (Gaspari). Both are pretty pricey, but the Superpump was insane, felt it almost immediately and that was with like half a dose (I was actually given this by a friend before we went to the club, so I've found another use lol). Anyway, lately, I haven't been using anything. If I feel a little sluggish, or otherwise feel like giving a little extra boost to my workouts, I'll pop a caffeine pill. I have tried to do coffee, but I just can't, so I actually do this upon waking everyday as well. For the  price/effectiveness, I haven't found anything that beats straight caffeine.

Newfiedan
    Participant

yeah I am in the middle of my final cutting phase to achieve the 6 pack I want so my energy does lack sometimes in the workout. I am going to give carb backloading a shot to see if it helps accelerate things for me.

CaseyD

If you're trying to accelerate fat loss, you'd want Carb Nite, CB is for muscle gains, while *possibly* losing fat. Not knowing much about you, but reading that you're in the middle of a cut, I'd probably recommend finishing off your cut with CN, then start CB for sick gains while staying lean.

Newfiedan
    Participant

thanks for the reply I will look into carb nite and see what the method is all about.

CaseyD

It's essentially the same (diet-wise) as back loading, except it's just one night of carbs vs PWO. I'd highly recommend looking at previous blogs and buying the CNS ebook, very useful tools.

amedio

I've tried Jack3d and Superpump 250 (Gaspari). Both are pretty pricey, but the Superpump was insane, felt it almost immediately and that was with like half a dose (I was actually given this by a friend before we went to the club, so I've found another use lol). Anyway, lately, I haven't been using anything. If I feel a little sluggish, or otherwise feel like giving a little extra boost to my workouts, I'll pop a caffeine pill. I have tried to do coffee, but I just can't, so I actually do this upon waking everyday as well. For the  price/effectiveness, I haven't found anything that beats straight caffeine.

I have tried Black Powder, Nano Vapor and No-Extreme. To be honest, I hate them all. I am just not a fan of niacin for it makes my skin tingle like hell. It also makes my toungue feel funny. However, I will see that I can run like a b***h when I use NO-Extreme. I fould that a good run eliminates the after-effects of NO-Extreme. A good cafe Americano is great before my workouts. I might try mixing in a little whey. 

Kris1501

I have dropped all pre workout drinks since I started reading Kiefer's articles. Having said that, the one that gave me the best results was Assault by Muscle Pharm….really is a great product. But don't need it!

RagE

i just pop a few caffeine pills and a spoon of monohydrate before i start my foamrolling. 

Jtt
    Participant

+1 on americanos pre workout.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

preworkout drinks

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?