Progress? Need input please!

• This topic has 4 voices and 8 replies.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

gfunk9983

I'm having som Trouble seeing progress in the mirror, and would like some feedback from the community please!  Been running CBL SA for about 3 weeks now.  Brutal honesty is not only welcomed it is encouraged. Thanks!!!  The first photo is from the end of March when I was coming to an end of CNS ( started feeling Weak and insatiably hungry they day before the carb nite so I swapped to CBA.) and the second one was about 5 minutes ago lol.  Last backload was last night and it was small ~200g.  Also,  tried cutting down on my processed and adding more whole food like white rice and potatoes but i feel way better when I don't have a lot of rice or potatoes and stick to crushing pop tarts and gummie bears; anyone else have that “problem”?

Richard Schmitt

From what it sounds like when you were on CNS you weren't eating enough at all, if you're hungry most of the week. Increasing fat consumption (like CO or animal fats) would have helped. What is your training like? How long were you running CNS? Also what does a daily plan look like for you mostly? You're having a little too much of the shevled processed store “crap” in your backloads, and is most likely a reasoning for not “seeing progress in the mirror”. Having the glucose based starches (like rice, and potatoes, etc) is better for that, you can even experiment with fresh baked/made goods if needed.

gfunk9983

From what it sounds like when you were on CNS you weren't eating enough at all, if you're hungry most of the week. Increasing fat consumption (like CO or animal fats) would have helped. What is your training like? How long were you running CNS? Also what does a daily plan look like for you mostly? You're having a little too much of the shevled processed store "crap" in your backloads, and is most likely a reasoning for not "seeing progress in the mirror". Having the glucose based starches (like rice, and potatoes, etc) is better for that, you can even experiment with fresh baked/made goods if needed.

My training is a modified Cube Method, Heavy resistance M/T/T/F rests on W/S/S.  I don't do much HIIT, except for the occasion tire flips or stone loads.  My diet consists of on ULC day of 80-100g F/ 150-180g P/ <30 C.  My Backload days are the same but with 250-300g carbs.  The problem that I was having in the last couple carb loads is getting the amount in with all the whole foods, but I think I'm trying to put too much meat at the same time(having a 10oz steak with 2 cups of rice capped me out quick).  Now that I'm on CBL SA, I'm not hungry at all during the day.  I have my backloads the night before my training sessions.I ran CNS for about 2 months, but I was still doing heavy resistance training . I have a competition coming up in June and CBL just seemed more logical from what the community has been saying.A more detailed breakdown of my avg day:10am wake- 2c coffe w/ 200-400mg caffiene1030-1200 Gym1230-  PWO 1 scoop Whey Isolate, 2 uniliver, 1 tbsp MCT1400-  4 whole eggs, 8 Tbsp egg whites, 4oz flat iron steak 1800-  8 oz country style boneless ribs or lean ground beef2000- 4oz beef, 4 oz chicken 0200- sleepI work nights so my schedule is a little weird and my meal times are very specific.  My backloads will start around 2000 and I try to keep it as few of meals as possible.  I have read some awesome ideas on the forums for things to try ( I got my eye on adding some local honey to white rice).    Another thing is that I get very little fiber; not much of a vegetable person.  Are there any problems with supplements decents amounts of fiber throughout the day?

Richard Schmitt

Yeah I'd increase your fat intake if you're hungry. 80g isn't really enough if you're lifting as much as you're doing. Also, fiber isn't really a concern to be honest, and there isn't much reasoning to have veggies if you don't want it. You'll “go” with the fats and protein. (Providing you're getting enough fats). You can use Green Vibrance or Amazing Green Grass. Natural Calm (Magnesium Citrate) can help you “go” as well.

TCB
    Participant

I can't be the only one that definitely sees progress between those two pictures..Look at the bottom edge of the oblique. Definite fat reduction. And we're only 6ish weeks past the end of March, so I'd say things are working well. It takes time.

Spatz

I definitely agree, I see fat loss and muscle definition in your pictures and you say they are three weeks apart? That's great!

gfunk9983

Yeah I'd increase your fat intake if you're hungry.

Bumped up the fat intake yesterday and I felt amazing. Thanks Tex!!

gfunk9983

I can't be the only one that definitely sees progress between those two pictures..Look at the bottom edge of the oblique. Definite fat reduction. And we're only 6ish weeks past the end of March, so I'd say things are working well. It takes time.

Thanks TCB, looking at myself everyday it's just hard to tell.  The one marker that I can tell something is definitely changing is that I have moved in two notches on my Inzer 13mm, and there is less than 0 give in that 1/2 slab of cow called a belt. 

gfunk9983

I definitely agree, I see fat loss and muscle definition in your pictures and you say they are three weeks apart? That's great!

Thanks Spatz, I appreciate the support!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Progress? Need input please!

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?