[Progress Update] One year at Dangerously Hardcore/Athlete.io/body.io

• This topic has 9 voices and 25 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author

Gnomer
    Participant

Figured this was a good time for a progress update with some pics..Some statsMay 07, 2013Weight- 152(taken first thing in AM)Bicep - 13inChest 36inQuad 21inMay 12, 2014Weight- 183(taken first thing in AM)Bicep 15inChest 39.5inQuad 23inFirst pic is from a couple years back but only one I could find shirtless.. But i looked pretty close I actually got into working out around feb 2013 but mostly just bodyweight stuff I started lifting heavy in may... CLICK ON PICS FOR FULL SIZE:)th_before-1.jpgNext two pics are about 2 months inth_IMG_20130702_170838.jpgth_IMG_20130602_164027.jpgNow these are from todayth_IMG_20140512_162609.jpgth_IMG_20140512_162854.jpgth_IMG_20140512_162914.jpgth_IMG_20140512_163202.jpgth_IMG_20140512_163309.jpgnot the greatest pics but figured about time to post something.. ill post more about what I have been doing little laterThese two clips summarize my current training and nutrition pretty well.. funny is I found both these videos well after I was doing what they talk about in the videosTraining - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQa8vxCBtBE&t=1m59sNutrition - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bjtwSB8fVY

Richard Schmitt

I'd say you've had an incredible transformation. Nice job Sano!

Spatz

What a big difference! That's a great 1yr transformation! I have to say, off topic, that little girl has Gnomer's face. :3

Gnomer
    Participant

I'd say you've had an incredible transformation. Nice job Sano!

thanks man.. i see myself daily so it's hard to gauge a difference honestly.. i'd like to get another 20lbs or so over the next few years.. funny thing is 15lbs more and ill be over my weight for the semi annual weigh ins for the coast guard. But i'd pass tape so not worried there

Gnomer
    Participant

What a big difference! That's a great 1yr transformation! I have to say, off topic, that little girl has Gnomer's face. :3

Penny Danner
    Participant

Wow!!  Nice Job!

Gnomer
    Participant

Wow!!  Nice Job!

thank you:)

Gnomer
    Participant

updated the OP with two youtube video links that pretty much summarize my current training and nutrition.. mostly.. I did want to point out I still don't track or count anything and never really have

Gnomer
    Participant

You are doing great hun! Can't wait to see what another does for you 🙂

mr a j dickinson
    Participant

That's a brilliant effort for 12 months.

Gnomer
    Participant

That's a brilliant effort for 12 months.

thank you:)

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

Good job, it looks you train pretty hard.  That's a big difference in a year.  Did you used to lift before?

Gnomer
    Participant

Good job, it looks you train pretty hard.  That's a big difference in a year.  Did you used to lift before?

thanks man.. when i was in my early 20s i did for about 2 years.. but never had good nutrition.. never had good workout plans.. never trained with much intensity..i was very skinny and followed all the crap magazines were saying that i needed all those weight gainer shakes to put on size and eat 5k calories a day and such.. I did put on size but mostly fat..never had any ab definition before.. i don't really have any decent pics from back then..This time I completely changed how I ate learned a lot more about training intensity and how to formulate my own workouts. I still don't track my food and i could possibly get a tad better results if i did but honestly i'm not looking to compete and i found as long as I make good food choices you don't really need to track anything to put on size and drop some bodyfat.

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

thanks man.. when i was in my early 20s i did for about 2 years.. but never had good nutrition.. never had good workout plans.. never trained with much intensity..i was very skinny and followed all the crap magazines were saying that i needed all those weight gainer shakes to put on size and eat 5k calories a day and such.. I did put on size but mostly fat..never had any ab definition before.. i don't really have any decent pics from back then..This time I completely changed how I ate learned a lot more about training intensity and how to formulate my own workouts. I still don't track my food and i could possibly get a tad better results if i did but honestly i'm not looking to compete and i found as long as I make good food choices you don't really need to track anything to put on size and drop some bodyfat.

Reason I asked is because you packed on a lot of size in a year, even for a beginner. 

Gnomer
    Participant

Reason I asked is because you packed on a lot of size in a year, even for a beginner.

Yea I know when people take a long time off lifting and get back into it getting back to the size they were previously isn't as hard to do as it was originally so i'm sure that contributed

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

[Progress Update] One year at Dangerously Hardcore/Athlete.io/body.io

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?