Quick question on HIIT

• This topic has 3 voices and 3 replies.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Tracie
    Keymaster

When they say cycles is that the 30 high AND the 4 min low?  OR is it just the 30 second bursts that is considered a cycle?  I always thought HIIT was at the max 20 mins. If I do 30 sec high 4 min lows for 8 cycles each then that's a lot longer then 20 mins.  I did a 5 min warm up on the spin bike this morning and 6 cycles of 30 sec bursts with the 4 min lows and I was over 30 mins.  So I'm just wondering if I'm counting the cycles wrong.  Thanks Tracie

tzanghi
    Participant

It's 30 seconds on followed by 2-4 minutes off.  It does end up more than 20 mins, but it's not that big of a deal.  If anything, shorten the sprints to 20s and the rest to 3 minutes if you want to limit the time.

apisula2000

It's 30 seconds on followed by 2-4 minutes off.  It does end up more than 20 mins, but it's not that big of a deal.  If anything, shorten the sprints to 20s and the rest to 3 minutes if you want to limit the time.

I personally do the 2 min sprint, the 3-4 slow for 5 cycles.

apisula2000

I personally do the 2 min sprint, the 3-4 slow for 5 cycles.

I've actually changed it up to 1 min sprint, then 1-2 min rest till I hit 3 miles which is about 23 min

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Quick question on HIIT

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?