Resistance bands

• This topic has 3 voices and 8 replies.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Gavin White
    Participant

Hi.Just wondered what people's views / thoughts /experiences are of resistance bands? With my shifts about to get messed around at work I'm gonna be left with less time to get to the gym so I'm looking at ways of working out at home. As with a lot of people money and space are big factors! Thought I'd try something different and go for resistance bands. I've heard that with a good set you can get a full body workout, and with only having a small house they sound ideal. So are they any good or just another fad? Should I go and treat myself? Cheers all.

Igor Vidovic
    Participant

I believe you can get a good workout with any kind of equipment. If you don't have heavy weights then super super strict form, controlled negatives and feeling the squeeze on each rep will get you by. Probably not enough to warrant a backload or carb intake but needless to say it will help your muscles stay afloat

training log
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yQ7u-n9iU7R910fUgcAEo5NJoUZzT3w1zLC5qYyaGZE/edit#gid=1795865688

A much better option would be a pull-up bar and a set of dumbbells.

Gavin White
    Participant

I believe you can get a good workout with any kind of equipment. If you don't have heavy weights then super super strict form, controlled negatives and feeling the squeeze on each rep will get you by. Probably not enough to warrant a backload or carb intake but needless to say it will help your muscles stay afloat

I agree that this kind of workout wouldn't warrant a backload. Thinking of doing it while on CN.

Gavin White
    Participant

Got the pull up bar, it's a great bit of kit. I was thinking the bands would give me a bit more variety than dumbbells, but I'm not sure.

acarnovale

Got the pull up bar, it's a great bit of kit. I was thinking the bands would give me a bit more variety than dumbbells, but I'm not sure.

Check out http://www.flexcart.com/members/elitefts/default.asp?cid=495. Depending on your strength level a Monster Mini and an Average band might do pretty well.

Gavin White
    Participant

Check out http://www.flexcart.com/members/elitefts/default.asp?cid=495. Depending on your strength level a Monster Mini and an Average band might do pretty well.

Cheers for that, I'll take a look.

edzo69

Mate,Have you tried ODD objects lifting? Rocks, logs etc. maybe even using items around your house, buckets etc.

Gavin White
    Participant

Mate,Have you tried ODD objects lifting? Rocks, logs etc. maybe even using items around your house, buckets etc.

Cheers pal, that's not a bad idea. It's also been suggested to make a sand bag / bulgarian bag. I'm currently pricing things up like bands, dumbells, benches etc to see what will be the mot cost effective.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Resistance bands

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?