Results

• This topic has 10 voices and 28 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author

sckiely
    Participant

I've been following a lot of the logs for a while now and i just wanted to share some of the things i have noticed.Firstly the people following a simple plan and doing their training consistently and keeping their Nutrition pretty simple ARE GETTING RESULTS! They are not making continuous changes to either nutrition or Training and when the y add something it seems to bit little pieces here and there so they can tell if it is effecting them negatively or positively.Secondly, there is a very basic plan to follow, Ultra low carb period and Hi Carb period, doesn't matter what program/ protocol you follow thats the nuts and bolts. Those following this plan and keeping it basic ARE GETTING RESULTS. i know there is much more to CBL, hence the book but break it down in to the basics and build from there.Lastly, this is not so  much an observation but my own suggestion, The Prep phase is necessary, not just at the start but whenever you feel results have slowed. Something went wrong, you might not have noticed but it did, so if you have done the initial prep phase you have a good feel for how you should be feeling when utilising fat for your fuel.So if something has gone wrong, go a few days of ULC and get back on track. If you haven't gone completely off the program this short period (3-4 days) should be all you need. If you get that lethargic feeling again you can tell that you got out of the CBL zone, so do a full prep phase again, if however you feel fine after day 3-4 then you can be sure you are still in the right zoe and something else should e adjusted.So, as i've said numerous times:- the Prep phase is necessary, it teaches us about how we should be feeling and it then provides feedback during the program in shorter bursts regarding whether we are in the CBL zone?Point form1, Do what you are doing consistently2, Make it Simple3, Use the Prep phase as a testing system not just a starting pointI hope this helps a few people

Richard Schmitt

Yes sir…I know this was to help out everyone, but…I know I am fallen victim to what you said. I have to remember that whole “K.I.S.S.” Method. For those who read this and don't know “Keep It Simple Stupid”. I'M SORRY!!!! ='(

Naomi Most

Good stuff as always, sckiely.One of these days we'll get an article of yours as a guest post on DH.com...

sckiely
    Participant

Yes sir...I know this was to help out everyone, but...I know I am fallen victim to what you said. I have to remember that whole "K.I.S.S." Method. For those who read this and don't know "Keep It Simple Stupid". I'M SORRY!!!! ='(

Tex you really need to stop apologising! You are an inspiration to many users here. We all follow each others logs, provide feedback AND we all make mistakes. This is a learning process for every body as CBL is so individual for each of us.In saying this what may be a mistake for you could be fine for someone else, it is all just feedback and shared support and information, you are a Role model here and you should be proud. Your progress has been good even with mistakes which shows the value of the CBL foundation, unlike other "Diets" where mistakes de rail progress CBL rewards mistakes with positive/ negative "Feedback" so we learn and build from these mistakes as much as we do from the positive choices!Looking good in your newest photo too!  🙂

Richard Schmitt

Yes sir, thank you for that. For both compliments!!! Found my curve to make this work, made a choice for both the “on-season” and “off-season” by no means would I ever want to compete or become a bodybuilder, I want to have that look I've longed for =D just want to achieve it and share it.

Newfiedan
    Participant

I have no doubt that you will get there tex, like I said before you have the determination, its just a matter of time. I also know that I will hit that point as well its just a matter of time, but I like to keep things simple and easy to follow just like sckiely said. I try to live my life by that rule, my grandfather once told me that if you want to have a happy life follow the k.i.s.s. principle which is “keep it simple stupid”. He was a wise man and took pleasure in the simple things in life just like I try to do. Keep positive company, allow the negative fall to the side and keep on going. I am still a big believer in starting and ending each day with comedy.

gabex

Speaking of results (in general)..Where are they?Books been out a little over 8wks now.That's sufficient enough for anyone doing SA to have cut at least 8lbs of fat or gain 8lbs of lbm with little to no fat (assuming 1/lb a wk either way).Results? Pics? Measurements? Anyone?

Luis S.

Speaking of results (in general)..Where are they?Books been out a little over 8wks now.That's sufficient enough for anyone doing SA to have cut at least 8lbs of fat or gain 8lbs of lbm with little to no fat (assuming 1/lb a wk either way).Results? Pics? Measurements? Anyone?

Haha i was wondering the same thing myself. But think about the fact that most of us took a couple weeks to process what we read in the book, and those of us who are truly determined went out and bought CNS too to further understand the concept. Give that about a months worth of work. Then we had to come up with a plan, and chances are most of our plans are flawed(my initial plan was horrible  :-X), and now were in the tweaking processes. I personaly experimented with both CNS and CBL for a while and am barely on my 2nd full blown week of CNS. Patience is a virtue, my frend. Belive me, im dying to see results for myself, and our friends on here. Persistence and patience are what i believe the two most important qualities to making progress, so dont worry the results will come.

Kris1501

Check the member logs.. Quite a few people are getting results

gabex

I pretty much followed the diet as close as possible, and quite frankly, I'm not that impressedNov 17 2011 (Old Diet, IF with ~50g carbs during the day and ~70g periworkout carbs)Body weight 168lbWaist measure 30.75inJan 2 2012 (Day 2 of Prep Phase)Body weight 169Waist measure 31.25in* only a 1lb difference, bloated and +0.5 inch waist change mainly due to Christmas and NYEJan 9 2012 (Day 9 of Prep Phase)Body weight 165Waist measure 30.5in* -4lbs, -0.75 in, flatJan 17 2012 (~1 wk of light CBL)Body weight 167Waist measure 30.75Feb 21 2012 (6 wks of CBL)Body weight 171Waist measure 31.75Edit: to clarify, I was obviously eating more for CBL.  But I was eating per the book's guidelines, and I thought the protocol was touted for gaining lean mass without adding fat.

sckiely
    Participant

I have not had recent photo's but my log has been describing my progress. I started after Xmas doing the Density Bulking protocol, i had an injury so moved onto CNS after 4 weeks then Progressed slowly back to somewhere between DB and SA. Since after my Prep phase i have gone from 87kg to 91.5kg, During the time period i went from 14%BF up to 17%, at different points but now that i have found a system that works best for me it has come back and stayed at 15% for the last 2 weeks.So overall i added 1%BF and have added almost 10lbs of weight since the 4th of January, however i have had to figure how to best implement CBL for my goals, so there were stages of big mistakes. I'll post some photo's when i have gone a month using what i feel has been MY CBL system  ;D , or what i feel has been consistently bringing me progress.Hope this helps??

Kris1501

I'm not gonna lie to you Gabex… I have struggled also. Constant bloat.. Fat gain… I know all about it. But what can you do? I'm gonna stick with it, and hopefully get there in the end.

RagE

I have done SA for almost 2 months now, and im having pretty good gains.  Being a former fat boy, and still kinda chubby, i have had a tendency to eat a bit more donuts and sweets than i should, and have therefor added a couple of pounds of fat. Think i am going to do the prep phase over again, and start from scratch now that i feel i have dialed in where i need to be food-wise, See if that helps me lose some more fat while keeping my strength gains going. When this snow disappears Im also adding prowler work every 3 days. Over the last years i have been on and off ultralow carb and low calorie diets, and not really having any strength gains. When i started doing SA, and started adding pounds every day, it was just amazingly fun!When i kept adding pounds every day, it was even more fun! This stuff really works for putting pounds on the bar! In just 2 months i have added 45lbs to my bench, 66lbs on my squat(technique changes have also played a part here) and 35lbs on my OHP. Almost every single time i do a movement or exercise, i do more weight or more reps than last time.

Newfiedan
    Participant

The books are guidelines gabex, its about altering things based on weekly results to get the most out of the program. I have had great results using cns to shed some fat and use cbl principles on cns for carb nites. I have not gotten to that ultra lean point yet but I am still dialing in the diet side of things to get the most out of it. I am going headlong into strength accumulation phase to continue fat loss with some muscle gains and I have seen absolutely massive strength increases in strength with no additional fat gain. Measurements have gone up for arms, chest, and shoulders slightly and down 1″ on my waistline. I still have a ways to go but its about dialing in the diet to make it work on an individual basis using the guidelines provided, what works for person A may not work for person B, it depends on how sensitive you are to both carbs and if you are dialing in the 50/50 fat to protein ratio on cns for fat loss. Using cbl principles I have managed to increase my wide grip bench press by 40 lbs in 6 weeks, pec deck fly machine by 55 lbs in the same time frame, leg press by 50 lbs in the same time frame and managed to shed 1″ off my waist I would say that is pretty good results.

stumprrp

Ive done the prep phase and 3 full weeks of CBL and ive noticed some good gains.  Bodyweight hasnt dropped much (3.5 pounds) but my waist is down 1 inch and my caliper measurments are going down weekly.  Strength is also the same if not better.  The carb loads need to be monitored closely IMO.  Keep it trashy, but dont use it as an excuse to go overboard.  My delta was only 477 but i rarely take in over 300.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Results

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?