Results

• This topic has 10 voices and 28 replies.
Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author

gabex

Ive done the prep phase and 3 full weeks of CBL and ive noticed some good gains.  Bodyweight hasnt dropped much (3.5 pounds) but my waist is down 1 inch and my caliper measurments are going down weekly.  Strength is also the same if not better.  The carb loads need to be monitored closely IMO.  Keep it trashy, but dont use it as an excuse to go overboard.  My delta was only 477 but i rarely take in over 300.

My delta was 364 based on 4lbs lost, and 574 based on body weight of 165 post prep phase.  That's a huge difference.  I was force feeding myself to get to 300g actually, but it took eating 300g to get my body weight back up from the prep phase.  I think if I were to redo the prep phase, I would easily cut the fat gain and I could probably get some decent results using less carbs, or throwing in more low carb days, but I would hardly see that as "density bulking".My old setup was both more practical and enjoyable.

Newfiedan
    Participant

Its about tweaking the diet to get the best results like I said the book is just a starting point and if you were struggling to get in 300 grams carbs then you were probably making less than optimal choices. 1 meal and 5 frosted sugar cookies are easily 300 grams of carbs and I can do that all night long. Trashy high carb sweets are the way to go, skip any healthy carbs as its less than optimal from my experience. Fist carb meal consists of some protein, veggies and a small amount of white rice, after an hour or 2 its carb time, sweets (frosted sugar cookies) are 30 grams carbs each and easy to eat and digest.

gabex

Its about tweaking the diet to get the best results like I said the book is just a starting point and if you were struggling to get in 300 grams carbs then you were probably making less than optimal choices. 1 meal and 5 frosted sugar cookies are easily 300 grams of carbs and I can do that all night long. Trashy high carb sweets are the way to go, skip any healthy carbs as its less than optimal from my experience. Fist carb meal consists of some protein, veggies and a small amount of white rice, after an hour or 2 its carb time, sweets (frosted sugar cookies) are 30 grams carbs each and easy to eat and digest.

Postworkout protein shake+brown spotted banana.  30 minutes later 10oz teriyaki sirloin, 2 servings white rice.  Followed up by 7 gluten free chocolate chip cookies, and 5 'rice crispy' treats (basically rice and sugar).  That was Monday's post workout feeding.  I wouldn't really call that less than optimal.  I suppose I could have drank some liquid carbs, but my in my experience, those tend to bloat me just as much.

sckiely
    Participant

I'm Curious Gabex, are you asking for assistance here, or just expressing frustration?

gabex

I'm Curious Gabex, are you asking for assistance here, or just expressing frustration?

I wouldn't say frustrated.  I gave up the notion of conventional bulking awhile ago, and finally got lean again, and decided that I would never let that go again.  The "1-2lbs a month" gain is all you can expect, etc.  After getting a copy of the book, I decided I would at least give it a shot.  What can it hurt?  At most, I've set myself back a month.  I know I could reverse whatever 'damage' was done.  I am not going to do anything drastic as I don't want it to affect my training at the moment.What I truly want to see are people's results.  Measurements, pics, etc and an outline of how they've trained/eaten.  And to be frank, I don't care about the progress of someone who hasn't been training for at least a few years as that doesn't really matter to me.  Also, I wouldn't discount low carb eating with timed and controlled carb loads.  I think CNS or even CBL with limited backloads are both valid for fat loss, but the results from 'bulking' that I've had don't seem to be much different than any others except that CBL let me eat more junk.

stumprrp

I cannot give you bulking results because im doing SA, but the recomp and strength gains im noticing are great for 3 weeks.  BF percentage is down approx 2-3%, waist is down 1″, and all my numbers in the gym are going up slowly. Whats your diet like pre-workout?

gabex

I cannot give you bulking results because im doing SA, but the recomp and strength gains im noticing are great for 3 weeks.  BF percentage is down approx 2-3%, waist is down 1", and all my numbers in the gym are going up slowly. Whats your diet like pre-workout?

breakfast-2 cups coffee, 1 tbsp heavy cream, splendalunch-10oz chicken breasts fried in extra virgin coconut oil, 1 cup broccoli, 1/3 cup raw almonds, 4g fish oilsnack-2 scoops low carb metabolic drive, 1 tbsp mct oil, 2 tbsp nut butteredit: typo

Damon Amato
    Participant

Just curious, why do you feel like you need the metabolic drive?

gabex

Just curious, why do you feel like you need the metabolic drive?

Do you mean the 'brand', or the protein shake, or a 'snack' at all?

Damon Amato
    Participant

I guess I meant “protein shake”, with brand being a close second.

gabex

I guess I meant "protein shake", with brand being a close second.

I can't "eat" a second meal at work, so a shake has to suffice.  Metabolic Drive? Best tasting protein, easily digested, and free (and fast) shipping from Biotest.  Can't complain about any of those.  I've tried almost every brand and even used TrueProtein for awhile, and I still don't think anything compares.  My opinion on the brand probably won't ever be changed.

Newfiedan
    Participant

The shake may be causing a blood sugar spike, would be hard to say might be helpful to take a tbsp of coconut oil with it, i eat it right out of the jar (love that nutiva coconut oil). Out of curiosity are you taking the ignition shake at all? As for brands hey man if it works its all good, I like body fortress for both taste and cost.

jable1066
    Participant

I did CBL for only 2 weeks before going on a 'vacation', which has meant doing the prep phase (for the first time as I didn't do it last time). I didn't notice any fat gain. It's hard to say what I gained, as it was only about 3-4lbs so it could be variance on weighing days. I've got a log and I'm starting back loading again on Saturday after a 5 day prep phase (with 1-2 HIIT's a day). I'm under 10% BF, probably around 8% and 160lb so it should prove interesting. I'll be backloading 4 times a week eating mostly… Bread (I know gluten is forbidden fruit, but I love bread so much), rice, sweet potato, energy chocolate bars (made with glucose), the usual baked treats, cookies and pizza… I will be looking to gain at least 7lbs and hopefully up to 10lb in about an 8 week period so keep an eye on it and it may satisfy your need for results! Curious though, why do other peoples results matter so much? There's testimonials in the book... do they not count enough? If the plan isn't working for you, maybe you should look at what might be going wrong. There might be 1 little thing throwing things off balance.

sckiely
    Participant

Curious though, why do other peoples results matter so much? There's testimonials in the book... do they not count enough? If the plan isn't working for you, maybe you should look at what might be going wrong. There might be 1 little thing throwing things off balance.

+1 here

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Results

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?