Rilose or Dextrose

• This topic has 12 voices and 24 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author

Kevin rogers
    Participant

Anyone use or have used both and have a preference of one over the other? I have been using rilose and need to re-order. But if someone has had a better experience with dextrose, I don't mind giving it a try.

sircow1

Been using rilose as well.  No complaints, would also be curious to hear about results from dextrose.

IOWA.PharmD

My guess (obviously not fact) that it would be nearly impossible for someone to tell differences in performance/outcome between using these two products. Just a guess, I've def been wrong before.

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

Whatever is cheaper is the one I would buy, they are most likely the same.

Kevin rogers
    Participant

Pretty much what I figured, just was curious if anyone favored one over the other for any reason.Thanks.

Jeremy Wade
    Participant

I can't tell a difference and dextrose is cheap, so I use dextrose.

Nman
    Participant

Pretty much what I figured, just was curious if anyone favored one over the other for any reason.Thanks.

I've used both as well and couldn't tell the difference.  I know Alex Rogers at Protein Factory claims Rilose is a better:Bodybuilding and Athletic Supplementation Description.Unlike Maltodextrin, Dextrose, and Waxy Maize, which are made from corn, Rilose comes from rice, which is much more digestible than corn. Corn has a very, very, low absorption rate. Hence we can suggest that Rilose will cause a greater insulin spike than corn derived powders. The level of a products glycemic index rating is sometimes determined by the amount of that certain carb. For example 30 grams of glucose will have a GI rating of about 80, whereas 100 g of glucose will have a GI rating of 100. But we are thinking that the Dextrose and Maltodextrin, or the latest fad, Waxy Maize, being made from corn is not even being digested completely. Thus taking in 50 grams of Dextrose might only have a 50% absorption rate. (if you get cramps from these products this is why). Rice on the other hand is very digestible. Thus taking in 50 grams, 48 are going to be digested. Comparing the corn vs. rice carbs we can say that rice carbs are going to be more effective at raising insulin levels. An anabolic hormone that when utilized properly post workout can increase recovery, hence increasing muscle growth. Usage.Use Rilose like you would any common carbohydrate. For muscle building take in 50 to 75 grams post workout with either 10 grams of PeptoPro or 25 grams of hydrolyzed 1400. Creatine should also be utilized when possible with Rilose. Keep in mind that the above is based on Alex Rogers’ (president of ProteinFactory.com) theories, not facts. These are merely suggestions about corn vs. rice powders and not facts. Alex Rogers theories about Rilose can be wrong and it is up to the consumer to make up his own mind. Bodybuilding supplementation is all about trial and error and seeing what works best for you. Everyone is different. I remember it was kind of a contraversy when Alex said this and so they added the disclaimer  ;D

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

His “theory” is probably based on rilose's higher profit margin!

htbone

i'm thinking Rilose is less likely to contain GMO crops than corn, which is highly genetically modified.  Keep it as pure as possible.  Steer clear of GMOs

Tomahawk

I know this is old but figured I did a search and this popped up. To me rilose is easier on my stomach. Dextrose seems to bloat me a bit and cause some explosive bathroom time.

Richard Schmitt

Have you tried Rilose at all now? If so, I'd keep it especially if it makes you feel better.

Tomahawk

Have you tried Rilose at all now? If so, I'd keep it especially if it makes you feel better.

Yes I bought 4 pounds from Protein Factory. It is a little more expensive but worth it. Still going to use up the dextrose I have but sparingly.

Richard Schmitt

Trust me I know the problem in buying expensive products to help a system out…

Tomahawk

Trust me I know the problem in buying expensive products to help a system out...

Rilose isnt THAT expensive. The difference is like $5 compared to $2 per pound. Obviously more but not enough to freak out about. Like I said I can use both but higher amounts of dextrose seem to cause stomach distress. Just makes my back loads less enjoyable.

Just seen this was the carb source Kiefer uses for backloading according to the fixing the damage part 2 article…Might be interested in giving this a shot. I just ordered 10 lb of dextrose not to long ago from a brewery company. Stuff is working good but I don't like the fact it didn't have the nutrition info. I am assuming its all about the same? I am using the same scooper from True Nutrition and assuming each scoop is 25-27 carbs.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Rilose or Dextrose

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?