Rilose or Dextrose

• This topic has 12 voices and 24 replies.
Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

Just seen this was the carb source Kiefer uses for backloading according to the fixing the damage part 2 article...Might be interested in giving this a shot. I just ordered 10 lb of dextrose not to long ago from a brewery company. Stuff is working good but I don't like the fact it didn't have the nutrition info. I am assuming its all about the same? I am using the same scooper from True Nutrition and assuming each scoop is 25-27 carbs.

It would be identical to the True Nutrition's dextrose.

Just seen this was the carb source Kiefer uses for backloading according to the fixing the damage part 2 article...Might be interested in giving this a shot. I just ordered 10 lb of dextrose not to long ago from a brewery company. Stuff is working good but I don't like the fact it didn't have the nutrition info. I am assuming its all about the same? I am using the same scooper from True Nutrition and assuming each scoop is 25-27 carbs.

It would be identical to the True Nutrition's dextrose.

Awesome. Thanks man.

Tomahawk

I know this is old but figured I did a search and this popped up. To me rilose is easier on my stomach. Dextrose seems to bloat me a bit and cause some explosive bathroom time.

Figure I should recant this statement. Turns out my messed up stomach was from corn. Doing CNS without corn and doing much better. Still not taking large amounts of dextrose though. Could be the combination made it much worse.

I know this is old but figured I did a search and this popped up. To me rilose is easier on my stomach. Dextrose seems to bloat me a bit and cause some explosive bathroom time.

Figure I should recant this statement. Turns out my messed up stomach was from corn. Doing CNS without corn and doing much better. Still not taking large amounts of dextrose though. Could be the combination made it much worse.

Did Dextrose ever make you bloat? I had a huge leg workout yesterday and opted for 4 scoops of dextrose PWO and it killed my stomach for about 45 minutes afterward.

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

Did Dextrose ever make you bloat? I had a huge leg workout yesterday and opted for 4 scoops of dextrose PWO and it killed my stomach for about 45 minutes afterward.

Why would you even take that much?  All you really need is 20 or 30 g.  Are you having trouble getting all your carbs from whole foods?

Why would you even take that much?  All you really need is 20 or 30 g.  Are you having trouble getting all your carbs from whole foods?

Not normally. I did a really big leg workout and wanted to up my carbs for the night. It worked in the sense of being bigger and leaner in the morning, but it killed my stomach for a good 45 minutes. Normally I don't take more than 2 scoops.

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

Not normally. I did a really big leg workout and wanted to up my carbs for the night. It worked in the sense of being bigger and leaner in the morning, but it killed my stomach for a good 45 minutes. Normally I don't take more than 2 scoops.

Lol, well if that happens in the future just eat more carbs in your backload. 

Justin Guimond
    Participant

I use dextrose for price, prob corn derived… will switch to a potato-derived if I can find it.  And when I have the money, will switch to rilose, because of how clean it is for the body… minimizing the GMO intake only makes sense to me.

I use dextrose for price, prob corn derived... will switch to a potato-derived if I can find it.  And when I have the money, will switch to rilose, because of how clean it is for the body... minimizing the GMO intake only makes sense to me.

Truenutrition.com sells rice dextrose, which is rilose, for dirt cheap.

Richard Schmitt

NOW Sports Dextrose is cheap as well with no GMOs added to it

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Rilose or Dextrose

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?