Scheduling HIIT/lifting

• This topic has 2 voices and 4 replies.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Penny Danner
    Participant

Is one way really better than another?Instead of doing HIIT and lifting all on one day today, I want to just HIIT (already did actually...hill sprints) and I want to lift tomorrow.So is this going to matter if I don't lift today but rearrange as follows:CN/Thurs: liftFri: walkSat: HIITSun: liftMon walkTues: HIIT/LiftWed: walkThurs: walkFri: CN/liftAnd would it matter if there are 1 or 2 HIIT sessions?

Richard Schmitt

No I wouldn't think it'd matter. As long as you're happy with the lifting routine and separating the days accordingly. If you're doing the CN on Friday from now, you could do HIIT that next day if you wanted as well.

Penny Danner
    Participant

No I wouldn't think it'd matter. As long as you're happy with the lifting routine and separating the days accordingly. If you're doing the CN on Friday from now, you could do HIIT that next day if you wanted as well.

Yeah I keep flip flopping my CNs thinking it will be better one night or another but I'm gong back to Fri this week and will keep it there until July when I'll go to Thurs again.I thought Kiefer said in a podcast recently that HIIT is best done 2 days after CN because our muscles are still trying to hold on to the glycogen.  I think it was the same podcast where he talked about doing the one long workout (maybe a Q&A podcast or one of the Research ones).

Richard Schmitt

Yes that is true, I was giving a suggestion and something you could. Walking would be better and then the next day do the HIIT due to the new studies.

Penny Danner
    Participant

Yes that is true, I was giving a suggestion and something you could. Walking would be better and then the next day do the HIIT due to the new studies.

Well, Thank you. 🙂  I just wanted to make sure I had my facts right.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Scheduling HIIT/lifting

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?