sckiely CBL results

• This topic has 5 voices and 13 replies.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

sckiely
    Participant

This is what i achieved with 3.5 months of CBL before i got the book! I started at 25.6% bodyfat and 93KG at 5'6″I used CNS for a 2 weeks which led me to find CBL and then i converted to that! These photos are from the 16th of September!I have to post after photos separate!there are 2 photos here, front and back

sckiely
    Participant

These after shots were taken Today, 24th of December 2011, I was actually about 13%BF at the start of december but i had a lapse in discipline so i am presently 14.8% Bodyfat. My training has been 5/3/1 up until the start of december, using the triumvirate template, However at the start of December i started a Smolov squat and Bench Cycle, 4 days a week squatting and benching is what caused my dietary loss of discipline but after completing the base cycle my squat went from 160kg(Shaky) to a strong 180Kg ass to the floor, and my bench went from 140kg to 147.5! not bad for 3 weeks of intense training?

Richard Schmitt

HOLY SHIT SCKIELY! GREAT F***ING RESULTS! Look great! Keep up the good work man!

sckiely
    Participant

i forgot to mention my weight today was 88kg, so i only lost about 5kg of total weight and 10% BF Pretty happy, and that was before i had the book, just wait till after Xmas when i do the full version hardcore, Starting with prep phase!

Richard Schmitt

Yeah I can only imagine what your training/meal schedule is like. these are some awesome results for CBL, I wonder where I'm going wrong haha.

robhally

Just curious, how many times per week did you lift? What did a typical backload look like for you? And did you backload on off-days as well (if so, how much)? Sorry for the barrage of questions; I'm just wanting to know what you did to get such awesome results.

sckiely
    Participant

Just curious, how many times per week did you lift? What did a typical backload look like for you? And did you backload on off-days as well (if so, how much)? Sorry for the barrage of questions; I'm just wanting to know what you did to get such awesome results.

I trained monday, tuesday, thursday and friday, Using Jim Wendlers 5/3/1, i used the triumvirate template, which had a bit more variety than his other options, i varied exercises each month for assistance work! I also used kettlebells for my conditioning mainly swing variations, but i also did snatches and complexes! I find KB's really preserve muscle while stripping fat! Plus they complimented the lifting i was doing and i don't have a prowler?I did CBL on my off day in the middle of the week, so wednesday night i carb backloaded but i usually did my Kettlebell complex workout on this day, it was only 20 mins but very high intensity, so i ate carbs at night mid week but did not backload on weekends at all! Mid week day was only about 100-200 grams of carbs whereas i was aiming for about 300-400g on my 5/3/1 days!If i was feeling a bit flat sunday night i would have a couple of baked potatoes with dinner! But i think i only did this 4-5 times in the 3.5 months!Hope this helps

robhally

Thanks for the reply my man, This really helps a lot. I did a few runs with 5/3/1 and had awesome results: bench went up 30 lbs. Squat went up 55 lbs. Deadlift went up 45 lbs. Overhead Press went up 25 lbs. I think I did three rounds total and have moved onto shockwave protocol. I also train four days a week like you so I may start having carbs on my Wednesday cardio day like you do and occasionally on Sundays. Thanks again for the insight, much appreciated.

Richard Schmitt

After reading some post about kettlebells…I really want to get one, and get on this awesome group event!

Kevin Creel

Great results boss.  So if I read that correctly, you ate carbs 5 nights a week, all backloaded.  Numbers were a bit lower on Wednesday cardio day, higher on lift days and NO carbs on the weekends?  I may sound weak, but how did you survive the weekends?  Plus, what carbs were you eating and when did you have them?  Constantly? 5, 7 and 9 pm?  Dinner only? Very interested to hear your plan.Again, great results.

sckiely
    Participant

Actually my plan was less of a plan and more of a “feel”, after some time i didn't feel the need to backload on weekends, as they were mostly very cruisy, trying to recover as much as possible, so swimming, play with kids, jogging was about as extreme as it got, there were times however that were busier or more active so that was why every now and then i did a small CBL on Sunday.Wednesday was also a bit up and down, it was never a massive CBL, i called it my "Top Up" so it would be nothing more than 200g of carbs. Considering that M,T,TH,fri i would pretty much eat everything i could, these were always 400g plus carbs. Sunday too was a top up.As for eating i just did it, i enjoyed my food till i was full, then sat back till i felt hungry again, which is never long with me. Most nights, after PWO shake, started with 250g jasmine rice, which is about 80g of crabs straight up. this with some sort of protein. But i had no method some days were very clean type foods, other days were absolute crap, my best "feeling" days  were generally a mixture of "good" and "bad" optionsAs for surviving the low carb days, do the prep phase, the couple of days here and there will feel like a dream in comparison, seriously though, it isn't that bad, you are still full of carbs anyway! The easier you keep it and the less you stress the better.

IOWA.PharmD

That is an inspiring post for newbies or those looking for answers. Great reply.

Jerad

That is some awesome progress dude! If you liked 5/3/1, you should check out the Juggernaut training method. It's similar but I liked it a hellova lot more than 5/3/1

Richard Schmitt

A lot of your posts Sckiely are real great eye openers. I've been thinking about a lot of what I take in during my carbload moments, and the “cleaner” CBL carbs are probably a lot better to take in than a lot of sweets/desserts for long periods of time. You're doing an outstanding job with CBL and it's really motivating!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

sckiely CBL results

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?