Shockwave for Athletes

• This topic has 3 voices and 7 replies.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

theabnormality
    Keymaster

Anyone out there have any comments pertaining to how well shockwave works for people that play sports that require a lot of endurance (i.e. rugby)?

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

Anyone out there have any comments pertaining to how well shockwave works for people that play sports that require a lot of endurance (i.e. rugby)?

Well shockwave is strength training, so it really doesn't do anything for endurance.  I'm sure increased strength would be a big help for rugby.

zewski

Yea people are getting stronger with shock-wave. If you want endurance do HIIT, and obviously practice your sportlift to get strongrun to get fastpractice to get betterNo need to overcomplicate it beyond that  😀Good luck with your sport!

ffemtmcd

Zewski – I like that statement – I'll have to use it sometime

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

Yea people are getting stronger with shock-wave. If you want endurance do HIIT, and obviously practice your sportlift to get strongrun to get fastpractice to get betterNo need to overcomplicate it beyond that  😀Good luck with your sport!

Unless you are new to fitness HIIT does not develop endurance, it does the complete opposite, it develops power.  If you want to develop endurance you do that through steady-state cardio.

theabnormality

Simple, yet profound. I like it!

theabnormality

Unless you are new to fitness HIIT does not develop endurance, it does the complete opposite, it develops power.  If you want to develop endurance you do that through steady-state cardio.

I played football for 8 years, been playing rugby for 4 years. So I've been training for quite some time.  So I'm going to give HIIT a shot.

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

I played football for 8 years, been playing rugby for 4 years. So I've been training for quite some time.  So I'm going to give HIIT a shot.

I don't know anything about Rugby, maybe HIIT is beneficial for the sport.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Shockwave for Athletes

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?