Shockwave on 3 day split (MWF)?

• This topic has 7 voices and 10 replies.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

I appreciate that Shockwave is highly balanced/optimised and variation from it will be sub-optimal, but I can only make the gym M,W,F – how would you work it into a 3 day split?My initial thought is to just work through the splits in sequence, maybe working the 'Core' stuff into the other days, so:

Mon - Chest & Bis
    Tue
    Wed - Legs
    Thu
    Fri - Shoulders, Tris
    Sat
    Sun
    Mon - Back

Damon Amato
    Participant

I'd probably combine shoulder/tri day with leg day, since both workouts are a little shorter than the others for the most part and you'll still have enough time in between sessions for daily undulated progression.

zewski

M- Push (chest/shoulder/tri)W- Legs (Quad/Ham/Calves/Abs)F- Pull (Back/Rear Delt/Traps/bi)Rinse. Repeat.

AciD

@zewski – you suggested completly different split, than in the protocol, I'd wish to know the recomended routine by Kiefer or another person close to him

AciD

So- does anyone experience with 3 day split?

Richard Schmitt

@zewski - you suggested completly different split, than in the protocol, I'd wish to know the recomended routine by Kiefer or another person close to him

Like to know what he does too. You might have to group of the exercises together, like zewski said, the whole push/pull/legs split. Combining, SW Chest, Shoulder, and Triceps; SW Back, and Biceps; SW Legs

AciD

Yeah, I can devide it by myself, problem is Kiefer made this split supper-effective including the DUP, which are enormously changed, when one changes split routine.

AciD

Ok, so this is what i came up withM Chest + biceps + DUP[back +tri]W Legs + DUP [bicep]F Back + tricep + shoulder +DUP[chest]OR I could move shoulder to wednesdayAbs Monday or wednesdayWhat do you think?

Naomi Most

Alright, I keep trying to get Kiefer to answer this one, and he keeps getting busy with other things.  (There's some REALLY exciting news I'm dying to share, having to do with DH being featured by one of the big muscle mags, but I can't yet...!  We're really busy preparing for a lot of traffic... Be prepared to see a lot of new faces here in the forums!)But what you guys need to realize is that Shockwave was designed in "chunks" that you are totally at liberty to mix and match together as you see fit.  Doing tris and legs together, for example, is perfectly acceptable.ALSO... you should know that the product we're building called "Shockwave Protocols" will be fully loaded with training plans for different splits along with the diet configurations that best fit these plans.  So when you ask, "how do we do X days a week?" we're thinking, "damn we gotta get this product hammered out."

AciD

Thing about my training:F Back + tricep + shoulder +DUP[chest]Seems like a sh#$ load of exercises, however I did manage to complete it withing 1h and 15 minutes.Hopefully someone experienced can tell me if this is not overloaded. I didn't feel like it was too much, but it wasn't super-easy either :]

I'm starting a new, and longer hour job + commute… So I'm going to have to go from a 5/6 day split, down to a 2 or hopefully 3 day split. I'm definitely going to have to get better at being efficient with my time in gym

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Shockwave on 3 day split (MWF)?

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?