Shockwave Protocol: Jacked Version

• This topic has 7 voices and 8 replies.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Richard Schmitt

Alright y'all, I wanted to start up a thread of what everyone does for a workout while Carb-Backloading. The Kiefer's created workout call the Shockwave Protocol can be a main subject here, but this will be open for everyone. It'll give an opportunity for everyone to see what the DH Members are doing, and an opportunity to exchange workouts. Seeing what works and what doesn't. Anyone doing the “Jacked Version”, mostly for Carb-Backloading, will be here. A table or post could consist of Times, Meals, Cardio, Weights, etc.

robhally

Good idea here. I'll probably do some posting in this thread but I'm going to wait until the full program comes out before I start it. Kiefer mentioned it was a significant improvement, so I'd rather hold off for now.

Richard Schmitt

Alright, sounds good to me. I wanted to get ahead a bit before it appears to the public, just the simple fact is I don't throw myself into something that I probably won't like or get hurt doing. Plus if I do some of it now, my numbers will be ready by the time the better version comes out.

JR

Im doing my own version and waiting for the updated version to make adjustments. Tomorrows workout will look like this……                                          Monday                                          Weighted dips-Reverse Pyramid Style                                          Seated Dumbbell Shoulder Press 5 sets of 5                                          Pull-ups or Chin-ups 5 sets AMAP

masZUL
    Participant

I could be wrong but I thought the main difference between the jacked and ripped versions was diet.  CNS for jacked and CB for ripped.Not sure if you guys read this but I believe this is where the ELECT rep came from: http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_program/sports_body_training_muscle_anaconda/anaconda_protocol#3-8211-perfect-rep

Anyone else following this? I have been doing it for about a month now along with CBL. I must say I have don't perfect rep style workouts before, that I based off Christian's workouts but I have never had such a hard time finding the right weight as I do with ELECT style.It's hard to find at first the correct starting weight and the correct amount to increase. Each body part seems to like a different weight increase. The only way I have been able to work out this way and really feel it is if my last set I do the last two reps great with good acceleration and the third rep might not even happen. Other wise it just is too light, maybe it's because I have done this controlled negative and explosive positive for a while. Anyone else have that issue? I do love how I fly through workouts in 45min no problem

all2prodigal

Anyone else following this? I have been doing it for about a month now along with CBL. I must say I have don't perfect rep style workouts before, that I based off Christian's workouts but I have never had such a hard time finding the right weight as I do with ELECT style.It's hard to find at first the correct starting weight and the correct amount to increase. Each body part seems to like a different weight increase. The only way I have been able to work out this way and really feel it is if my last set I do the last two reps great with good acceleration and the third rep might not even happen. Other wise it just is too light, maybe it's because I have done this controlled negative and explosive positive for a while. Anyone else have that issue? I do love how I fly through workouts in 45min no problem

I have had this issue at times, when I feel like a superhero, yet end with a weight that is "easy." I just throw in an extra set or two of the ELECT exercises at increased poundages until I hit my "max" for that exercise. During NORMAL sets, I increase the weight and/or reps within the workout. If a set calls for 10 reps and I feel I can do more toward the end, I do an extra couple of reps and log it so I know for the next workout.

soulmind

Just started shockwave tonight and drinking my PWO shake right now.  I really liked the chest and bicep routine I did tonight and am looking forward to decimating my legs tomorrow.

I started shockwave last week, I'm started out with a weight I can do 10x then increasing very modestly until i fail. i will write this down for next week and hopefully have gains from here on out. I've notice not really wore out when leaving gym, also not very sore next day. I know the CBL book explain  for CBL to work we must go hard. Well i don't feel like i just went hard but I think this is the whole point of Shockwave. Please correct if I'm wrong

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Shockwave Protocol: Jacked Version

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?