Shockwave Protocol: Ripped Version

• This topic has 12 voices and 53 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 54 total)
  • Author

Damon Amato
    Participant

what is touch and go?  You mean using momentum to lift from the floor?

Richard Schmitt

AFAP = As few as as possible

Oh oops my bad, thanks for clearing that up.

A standard estimate of a 1RM is:RepsXweightX.0333+weightSo let's say you bench press 200 pounds for 5 reps...5X200X.0333+200 = 233.3I've found this to be fairly accurate and seems to work best for me if my "test" reps are between 5 and 10.As far as the deadlifting goes, he states that you do NOT use traditional deadlifting style for the ELECT reps. You would start in the "up" position and use the "touch and go" method. You just need to make sure you stay tight. You'd probably wanna start pretty light to practice.

Alright thanks for helping out with that too.@ Dmunnee

what is touch and go?  You mean using momentum to lift from the floor?

Keeping it from touching the floor, like lowering it slowly then lifting it back up quickly. And reverse for everything else, for when you "Push" the weight

Richard Schmitt

A standard estimate of a 1RM is:RepsXweightX.0333+weightSo let's say you bench press 200 pounds for 5 reps...5X200X.0333+200 = 233.3I've found this to be fairly accurate and seems to work best for me if my "test" reps are between 5 and 10.

Haha damn my 1RM for DL is about 250lbs...

JR

@Dmunnee What did your workout look like?

Damon Amato
    Participant

On Saturday I did Friday's workout:pulldowns: 3x10x110lb (machines vary actual weight)DL: 2x8x135lbDL ELECT: 155lbx3, 175x3, 195x3, 215x3, 235x31-arm DB row ELECT: 25lbx3, 30x3, 35x3, 40x3, 45x3close grip pulldowns: 140x3, 150x3, 160x3DB shrugs ELECT: 40x3, 45x3, 50x3, 55x3, 60x3high-wide grip pulldowns ELECT: 90x3, 100x3, 110x3, 110x3, 120x3, 130x3Bent Over DB Side Laterals: 15lbx3, 15x3, 15x3DB bench press: 50lbx10, 50lbx10I hope I did not totally screw that up.  For the Normal performance exercises I could have done more weight, but elected not to overdo it the first time.  I feel like if I did 5 sets of the (5x3) ELECT exercises, it would've taken me an extra 60 minutes to complete and that seems absurdly long.

Kiefer
    Participant

I haven't spent much time with my YouTube channel yet, but here's a demo video from it with one of my clients Holly Talbot performing preacher curls with the ELECT repetition method and Partitioned Set Ramping (PSR). I think that's where the confusing is coming in. When I first released the eBook on the Shockwave protocols, I had not yet had time to define all the components as the research available was pretty limited. Things have changed.ELECT: Eccentric Loading Explosive ConTractionTM;. This is the "perfect" rep. This only defines the repetition movement. In the video, you'll see how it's done.PSR: Partioned Set RampingTM. This is the process of breaking the set of 15 or so reps into 5 partitions of 3 reps each. Ramping implies that you use a heavier weight with each partition. Example of ELECT+PSR set of Preacher curls:http://www.youtube.com/user/DHKiefer#p/a/u/2/XFh1MhNaZG8

Kiefer
    Participant

Oh, and Casey is correct, AFAP = As Few As Possible, which, in the overall scheme of the workout AFAP applied to the number of sets (as in the Shockwave Protocol) could be interpreted as “get the workout done As Fast As Possible…”

Damon Amato
    Participant

OMG I would train the girl in that video for free just to look at her in tight clothes.

CaseyD

So to clarify, for an ELECT exercise, you would only do 15 total reps, then move on?

Damon Amato
    Participant

So to clarify, for an ELECT exercise, you would only do 15 total reps, then move on?

THat's what I'm wondering.  Is the 15 reps with increasing weight the entire exercise, or is it 1 rep?

Kiefer
    Participant

Apparently I missed the most important question in the thread (I'm busy trying to make the completed Carb Back-Loading book available and skimmed), which was pointed out to me in a message:

Thanks for responding in the shockwave: ripped thread, however you didn't answer the most important question we are wondering:  the 5 sets of 3 reps with quick progression - is that the entire exercise or just one set of five?  I'm having trouble understanding if I grossly underdid it or am doing it properly.  Thanks.

Again, I will answer in terms of the free ebook and not the upcoming program to avoid confusion:One "set" (the 5 partitions of 3 reps each) is all that's required per exercise according to the guide. You are not (were not) grossly under-doing it.

Damon Amato
    Participant

Thank you for clearing that up, I would've been going crazy during my workout tomorrow otherwise.

masZUL
    Participant

I posted this in the Jeacked thread too but if you need more info on the ELECT perfect rep, I believe it came from Thib, more info here: http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_program/sports_body_training_muscle_anaconda/anaconda_protocol#3-8211-perfect-rep

Richard Schmitt

Well yesterday I did my first Shockwave Protocol: Chest and Bi's rountine. Still in the phase of getting my ELECT numbers correct, but after one long set of ELECT movements I went for roung two of those, not sure if that was the right thing to do. My arms are a bit sore this morning, but the wokrout itself is pretty good, I'm sure it will get better once I get going and get the numbers better. Tonight will be my Legs rountine.

Naomi Most

OMG I would train the girl in that video for free just to look at her in tight clothes.

sigh... it's come to this already, has it...?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 54 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Shockwave Protocol: Ripped Version

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?