Shockwave Protocol: Ripped Version

• This topic has 12 voices and 53 replies.
Viewing 9 posts - 46 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Author

Stephen Davis
    Participant

This has probably already been covered, but I will ask anyway….  For the other exercises in the program (not ELECT), do you still utilize the “perfect rep” technique?  Meaning, if the protocol states 3X10, is each rep done with the explosive contraction followed by the slower lowering of the weight?Thanks.

Damon Amato
    Participant

I did, and I'm pretty sure you should.

soulmind

I've tried to modify all my lifts using the perfect rep form.  It just feels more effective when I work out (especially in my triceps for some reason).

Stephen Davis
    Participant

I did, and I'm pretty sure you should.

I have been, but just wanted to make sure that I wasn't overdoing anything.Thanks all!

all2prodigal

so far I've done 1 week of CN +shockwave: ripped.  Wish I had more direction for the "perfect rep" in the ELECT exercises, especially deadlift.  Instructions for the perfect rep don't go well with traditional deadlifting, unless pulling heavy dead weight in a jerking kind of motion is a good idea.  In the comments section of Thibs article, someone said they lifted it normally, and then once the bar was up to their knees, then they'd complete the rest of the rep fast.  Sounds better, wish I could find a video.  For DL: 155/175/195/215/235.  I based these weights on my likely 1RM of 305 (no laughing).  Not sure yet if 1) the first set weight is correct, 2) the last set weight is correct, 3) the % increase for each set is correct, 4) if I'm supposed to get better each week, what should I start at next time?

Try to increase your weights to >10% after/around 200lbs. For instance- 155, 175, 195, 225, 255. After you approach 200lbs., adding 20lbs is less than 10%. Ideally, you want to raise weights 10-15%.

Damon Amato
    Participant

Ty.  Good info to know.

Stephen Davis
    Participant

I am currently working out from home and don't have access to a leg press machine.  Is there a suitable substitute for that exercise?

soulmind

I am currently working out from home and don't have access to a leg press machine.  Is there a suitable substitute for that exercise?

More squats. 

zewski

pretty sure if it isn't an ELECT set, than you should just perform the reps “normally” I'm almost positive I read that somewhere in Kiefer's articles

Viewing 9 posts - 46 through 54 (of 54 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Shockwave Protocol: Ripped Version

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?