Shockwave without deadlift/sub

• This topic has 3 voices and 7 replies.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

jackson

So I cant do any lower body work at the moment as I have osteitis pubis. I was wondering can I just drop the deadlift or is there a suitable sub for it?Has anyone been doing shockwave for a while and what kind of results have you had? Before injuring myself I was a fullbody 3x week guy, so the body part split is a little weird for me.Also the last set of 3 on the elect shouldnt be near failure should it? I noticed on Kiefers example in his article he gave for chest his final set ended up being a set of 3 at around 75%, so in my head this shouldnt be a very difficult/near failure type of set?Thanks.

jackson

No one has been doing shockwave and had results? Maybe there are no replies because of the thread title?

Damon Amato
    Participant

I've had good results with SW so far, and while doing CNS.  Unfortunately, rectus abdominus, external obliques and several adductor muscles attach to the pubic symphysis so any gross movement you do will be using those as stabilizers.  You probably have to have some trial and error to figure out what movements don't bother you quite as much and go for those. 

jackson

Did you find it weird moving to only training a body part once per week? Seems very foreign to me.Youre right about the exercise selection stuff, I know its not even close to a deadlift but I was considering putting a low cable row in place, just because its a pulling movement with scap retraction but I dont know if it would be worthwhile.

Did you find it weird moving to only training a body part once per week? Seems very foreign to me.Youre right about the exercise selection stuff, I know its not even close to a deadlift but I was considering putting a low cable row in place, just because its a pulling movement with scap retraction but I dont know if it would be worthwhile.

Why how many times do you train each body part?

jackson

Before I got injured, full body 3x week.

I see, I am not a fan personally of several full body work outs a week. It's easy to over train, and easy to under train. I think the problem comes from rotation of focus of the workout to allow the most recovery.Not saying your workout(s) weren't good I'm just kind of brain dumping my opinion.The thing I will say to you is your body has no calendar, no outlook business week is built in, so just listen to your body. This might be foreign now, but this might be a great chance for you to become more in tune with your body. Deadlifts are hard to substitute, but you can break their motion down. Back extensions, good mornings, shrugs,etc are just parts of what a solid deadlift. Maybe try doing a prone cobra to build up back extenders or if you can support the weight but not in the full ROM do back extensions with a weight or Pin pulls but lighter weight.Sorry for the ramble

jackson

Ramble away, I like perspective/advice from other people, helps keep an open mind.Another reason I have difficulty with hitting a body part once a week is because all the reviews and studies I have read say that optimal results come from hitting it twice a week.I think for the moment I need to stay away from back extensions as well at least for the next couple of weeks. maybe I could just use the shrug part of the movement.How long have you been using SW?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Shockwave without deadlift/sub

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?