Should i come off CNS

• This topic has 4 voices and 7 replies.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Gavin White
    Participant

Hi all,i was going to come off of CNS in a couple of weeks due to work commitments and a holiday (although i will get back on it after that). But im wondering if i should come off now, and heres why...I have signed up for an 8mile survival of the fittest run (obstacles along the way) Due to the need to get out and start training, as im not a runner i just really wanted to do this as a personal achievement, will CNS still be beneficial or a hindranceI have looked in a few old posts and most people do HIIT training, which i will chuck in as well, but i need to get out a couple of times a week to help build up to the distance. I wasn't sure whether to stick with CNS while training, whether CBL would be better, or if i should go back to regular(ish) eating and start afresh after the race?And thoughts / comments are appreciated. Maybe someone out there has done something similar!

Zach516

Hi all,i was going to come off of CNS in a couple of weeks due to work commitments and a holiday (although i will get back on it after that). But im wondering if i should come off now, and heres why...I have signed up for an 8mile survival of the fittest run (obstacles along the way) Due to the need to get out and start training, as im not a runner i just really wanted to do this as a personal achievement, will CNS still be beneficial or a hindranceI have looked in a few old posts and most people do HIIT training, which i will chuck in as well, but i need to get out a couple of times a week to help build up to the distance. I wasn't sure whether to stick with CNS while training, whether CBL would be better, or if i should go back to regular(ish) eating and start afresh after the race?And thoughts / comments are appreciated. Maybe someone out there has done something similar!

I'm not all too familiar with the research, but i know that Kiefer and some other nutrition guys have stated that its more then possible to train endurance sports on a ketogenic diet. I know kiefer says that he shaved a good chunk of time off one of his athletes marathon times. So, no, I don't think that its a problem. I just think you would have to eat more during the ULC phase to make up for calories burned during cardio.

raisethebarbell

Take a listen here…..http://www.blogtalkradio.com/j-m-strength-conditioning/2012/08/09/laird-kiefer-2Kiefer talks about the week before an endurance event and how he would prep it...

Lasse Elsbak
    Participant

Train low, race high (carbs)

raisethebarbell

Around the 43 minute mark… good stuff

raisethebarbell

oops 23 minute mark

Dr. Rocky Patel
    Participant

Gavin White
    Participant

Thanks for all the advice. I'm sticking with CN, doing g a distance run (up to 12k) once a week and will do hiit during the week. I'm not a running fan, but wanted to do the survival race as a personal achievement! Once that's done its gym all the way as I wana put on some muscle in time for my wedding!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Should i come off CNS

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?