So answer me this…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Robert Haas
    Participant

How the hell did anything with the preceding word “veggie” make it a healthy choice?

I get so frustrated working with people and I ask why did you eat at out at a place that clearly serves garbage foods and the reply is something to the like of: “well, I did eat healthy, I got a veggie sub, of a veggie burger, or a veggie pizza”. I mean seriously?
    I tell them eat veggies & meat, no carbs daytime. So simple right? Yet veggie<insert garbage food substance name here> is their healthy food of choice.

Sheesh. OK back to work.

The eyes can't see what the mind doesn't understand.

Makoto Tomizawa
    Participant

Where have you been all this time? Anyone knows that if you have some “vegetables” at some point, it becomes healthy. Common sense, you need to get your nutrition knowledge up to date.

Now, in all seriousness, I cringe when people say things similar to what you mentioned. “I’m gonna be healthy and eat a salad.” Proceeds to eat the dressing with some lettuce, followed by <garabage food>. “Well, I had a salad…” STAHP.
    Or when they serve “veggie filled dish” cooked in a way that basically counteracts/takes away all the beneficial aspects of actually eating vegetables. Sometimes I honestly think that not-so-healthy people, if they’re going to eat a lot of crap, should just not even eat the salad and ingest extra calories.

Now, I don’t mean to change the subject but… how do you convince your parents to start leading a healthier lifestyle? It seems like most parents don’t like to hear what their kids have to say, or admit that they’re right. I don’t want to disrespect them in any way, but at the same time, I really wish they would start taking care of themselves better.

Training Log: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vuwHRdBaPVILxxLhXly_N1Ys66Hcwk4j-bM7nvKSLrI/edit?usp=sharing

Melvin McLain
    Participant

Apparently you’re operating under the assumption that “common sense” is actually common… 😀

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

People seem to think that vegetables are somehow the key to health. If you eat a lot of vegetables, you’ll be healthy they think.

Vegetables are good for adding volume, fiber, and vitamin C. That’s about it. They have almost no essential fatty acids, the protein quality is terrible, and most importantly, there are hardly any calories. Eat a diet of only vegetables and you’ll starve and die.

By vegetables I mean fibrous vegetables. While you can survive on avocados and potatoes, you won’t be very healthy.

Robert Haas
    Participant

I love my vegetables, in fact I crave them. What I have a problem with is this: I’m lean they want to be lean like me but they think it’s some secret magic training technique or pill. I say eat vegetables & meat, save the carbs for late in the day but nooooo “hey I ate a veggie sub for lunch, I did a good thing right?”…
    Another is this gluten thing. I have some good friends that both have joint issues that have popped up that doctors just can’t explain. I say “have you tried eliminating gluten? Just for a while to see what happens”. You might think I was asking them to give up sex…

Just venting. I’m so glad I don’t do this for a living…LOL.

The eyes can't see what the mind doesn't understand.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

So answer me this…

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?