So is anyone considering in doing The Shockwave Protocol?

• This topic has 6 voices and 23 replies.
Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author

JR

I'm going to try a new shockwave routine next week. I may switch to morning training with carb-back loading too. If the updated shockwave version comes out on Christmas I'll make the necessary changes to my routine from that.

Richard Schmitt

I'm going to try a new shockwave routine next week. I may switch to morning training with carb-back loading too. If the updated shockwave version comes out on Christmas I'll make the necessary changes to my routine from that.

Yeah next Monday I'm starting the whole routine. I'm looking forward to updated version too. I'm planning on Carb-Backloading for about a month or two, then switch to doing once a week with Carb Nite to cut down for about the whole Spring/Summer time frame.

Damon Amato
    Participant

after doing shockwave: ripped yesterday and trying out the “perfect rep” from Thibs, I am sore as shit today.  Thankfully today is just core.  I did modify some of the exercises that I feel are detrimental to spine biomechanics and not functional, but I think the straight leg DL did me in.

Richard Schmitt

“The Perfect Rep” how is that done exactly? I tried doing that whole 4 minutes warm up then 30 all out blast…couldn't get into it, I like doing the 30 seconds kill yourself then 30 seconds active rest period for 25-30 minutes. I'm excited to try this Monday. Unfortunetly I can't do the ripped version yet, but won't do the walk cardio, have to do the HIIT cardio. I'll be doing the ripped version here after Janurary. Keep up the good work though man!

Damon Amato
    Participant

perfect rep cliff notes (note that the article is VERY long so cliff notes are long too):- 5-8 sets of 3 reps- two warm up sets at ~40% 1RM- from there it varies, but it appears your first 'set' should be about 50% 1RM- each subsequent set should go up 10-15% weight.- each rep is "perfect", example of bench press: decelerate as fast as possible until you get about 4" above chest, then spring into the rep as fast as possible as if it's a million pounds.  Each rep should be like this, if it's too much weight and you lift it slowly, rack it and you're done.- a lot of people state after finishing, they don't feel a 'pump' at all, but rather a tingling sensation in their muscles.  I didn't feel a pump, but I also didn't get any tingling yesterday.- no more than 3 exercises in a workout with this prescription-according to Thibs, you'll go up in weight basically every time you work out.

robhally

Going off of the perfect rep article, can someone explain to me how to perform the the SRP twitch turnaround for something like a squat or deadlift? I see how it can be applied to a pressing movement like bench or overhead press, but the others seem impractical, if not impossible.

Richard Schmitt

It's a pause-pull method for DL, lifting it a little of the ground then full force lifting it up, then lower back to start point. Repeat. For squat, you lower quickly like anything else, but don't bounce, basically catch yourself and raise back up. Repeat. Does this help?

robhally

It's a pause-pull method for DL, lifting it a little of the ground then full force lifting it up, then lower back to start point. Repeat. For squat, you lower quickly like anything else, but don't bounce, basically catch yourself and raise back up. Repeat. Does this help?

Ok, yeah that definitely helps. I also referred back to the shockwave article which helped a lot. Based on the excerpt below one would perform the ELECT set for deadlift starting in a standing position, but then on the pause-pull set one would start from the floor and explode up. Is that right?"it’s easy to see how to apply this to bench and squat, but dead lift is always done in pause-pull fashion. This is the case, normally, but when you dead lift on this program, dead lifts should be started in the standing position, holding the weight. You’re not going for any records here, so you should be able to handle the weight out of the rack, lower and explode up. Therefore, the pause-pull, in the case of dead lift, would be doing dead lift in standard fashion, starting from the floor."

Richard Schmitt

Yes sir exactly right! Good luck using it in the gym!

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

So is anyone considering in doing The Shockwave Protocol?

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?