Sodium

• This topic has 3 voices and 3 replies.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

How is everyone keeping their protein / fat high enough without blowing out their sodium levels through the roof?You need some sodium because it helps with muscle pumps and water retention in the muscle, but I was trying to use bacon and other such meats. It's starting to get to me, I'm thinking maybe pulled pork and more beef just in butter to raise fat level?Anyone have this issue? because I went to my new P.T. and they said my blood pressure was high, and its never high, besides at work lol. You have to love I.T. world, you are sitting there programming something, and a "user" comes over asks for help, and they are showing you something on their computer and complaining their mouse doesn't work. You look down and the dumb@$$ is using their blackberry as a mouse.

Richard Schmitt

How is everyone keeping their protein / fat high enough without blowing out their sodium levels through the roof?You need some sodium because it helps with muscle pumps and water retention in the muscle, but I was trying to use bacon and other such meats. It's starting to get to me, I'm thinking maybe pulled pork and more beef just in butter to raise fat level? I know when I was home I was buying the generic versions of unsalted products to help with that, far as I know I haven't had any problems regarding sodium levels or blood pressure, actually the BP has been quite low, they have to check it two-three times.Anyone have this issue? because I went to my new P.T. and they said my blood pressure was high, and its never high, besides at work lol. You have to love I.T. world, you are sitting there programming something, and a "user" comes over asks for help, and they are showing you something on their computer and complaining their mouse doesn't work. You look down and the dumb@$$ is using their blackberry as a mouse. You're not kidding about this one huh? Wow...

Jeremy Wade
    Participant

I have found that limiting my sodium is difficult, but it would appear that I can mitigate my relatively high sodium intake with regular consumption of potassium and magnesium. Veges, leafy greens, over-ripe banana prior to my PWO shake, etc.I still work to limit my sodium, but I still end up around 2-4g per day.  I find the 1500mg recommendation is completely impossible to do if you actually want to eat meat. 

I'm finding that the more organic products are lower in sodium. I found this pulled pork that is actually less than this steak I saw at costco. In what world is pork less than steak? IDK but I'm all about it because it is almost a perfect 50/50 ratio

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sodium

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?